• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

racknac

Reaction score
Just received my glenplaid lawn shirt in size Medium. Fit is great, exactly what I wanted in a casual shirt. However, I have to say... the collar is gynormous! Is that normal for all Epaulet shirts?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by + theom
Any jeans planned for fall? Looking to buy another pair.

Yes, we've planning to do a new run of Smith & Hoyt in indigo, and the Smith in overdyed black. The overdye will be really nice - the whole jean is a solid, jet black - and the black dye will slowly wash out and reveal the indigo below with wear.

Originally Posted by Doctor

So far, white V-Neck fitted tee and solid white low profile sneakers. Red/Blue plaid shirt and dark brown boots (not as crazy as it sounds), a chocolate brown leather bomber jacket, pale blue club collar, white club collar, brown sneakers...

Mostly I quite like the white white tee/white sneakers and maybe the brown bomber on top if it's cold.

Note: You can't tone them down. They are bright. Very bright.

Great combo for the Green cords. White tees and white wovens really pop the color. It's so bold, that I really like using it as the single crazy piece in an outfit.

As Doctor may have experienced, loud colorful cords definitely get you a lot of attention.

Originally Posted by asdf
Any plans for a slightly longer length hoyt? I luuurrve mine but would probably lurv more with an extra inch or two on the inseam. Fit so good now I'm scared to soak them.

Sorry, I think that we're going to stick with the 35.5" length from here on in. I'd love to carry different inseam lengths, but we just don't have the capacity to stock them.

Originally Posted by eglbc
Watching my first child born was an amazing experience, but it paled in comparison to Mikes customer service.

bigstar[1].gif

Originally Posted by laughter95
why did i just buy a glenplaid lawn... i already have a grape lawn... did i really need to buy that..?

Oh yes you did
devil.gif

Originally Posted by racknac
Just received my glenplaid lawn shirt in size Medium. Fit is great, exactly what I wanted in a casual shirt. However, I have to say... the collar is gynormous! Is that normal for all Epaulet shirts?

Yup, the high collar stand is a signature for us. It definitely throws some guys off at first, but I think that you'll grow to love it. It makes our shirts look great under jackets and sweaters too.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Two weeks ago, Adele and I spent a full day in our trouser shop's storeroom. We rifled through every corner and came up with a killer selection of 8 Fall fabrics. All of these are limited rolls, and the production runs are between 12 and 24 pieces total. As someone who's bought many trousers in his time, I can confidently say that these are some the best and most unique fabrics that I have ever seen. Getting something like this in a slim, properly-made trouser is really rare.

We've built our order quantity online, and we're currently accepting paid preorders against them. The delivery is estimated between 9/25 and 10/15. Since these are all medium-weight wools and tweeds, you should expect the fit to be very standard with our usual Walt's and Rudy's. If you're interested, and you're not familiar with our fits, then please feel free to e-mail or PM me with any questions.

All 8 of the fabrics are available in Walt fit. 3 of those are available in Rudy. They're indicated below:

Navy%20Flannel.jpg

Italian Navy Flannel in Walt Fit: $215
Italian Navy Flannel in Rudy Fit: $215

Olive%20Tweed.jpg

Italian Olive Tweed with Camel Windowpane in Walt Fit: $185
Italian Olive Tweed with Camel Windowpane in Rudy Fit: $185

Glen%20Plaid.jpg

Italian Glen Plaid Flannel in Walt Fit: $215
Italian Glen Plaid Flannel in Rudy Fit: $215

Brn%20Donnegal.jpg

Italian Brown Donnegal Tweed in Walt Fit: $185

Doublefaced%20Orig.jpg

Italian Double-Faced Worsted Wool in Walt Fit: $185

Charcoal%20Windowpane.jpg

Italian Charcoal Flannel with Dove Grey Windowpane in Walt Fit: $185

Burnt%20Umber.jpg

Italian Burnt Umber Donnegal Tweed in Walt Fit: $185

Olive%20Flannel.jpg

Italian Dark Olive Flannel in Walt Fit: $185

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads