• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lighthouse
I spent some time looking at the history of this thread and its forerunner. A lot of lint, sure, but it is fascinating in parts. The bannings and their causes. The early jostling among the moderators about transparency and the alternating first amendment right vs. reasoned decision debate. The human condition all wrapped up into a forum thread.

And I finally got the answer to my quality vs. quantity question.

I also found the Lexus affair quite entertaining.
eh.gif

sock.jpg

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^

Yes, Mr. 187, dehumanizing others is one of the common techniques that is not only pervasive here, but in human history--particularly during warfare, where one segment of the population turns on another segment.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lighthouse
^^^^^^

Yes, Mr. 187, dehumanizing others is one of the common techniques that is not only pervasive here, but in human history--particularly during warfare, where one segment of the population turns on another segment.

SRS BIZNESS

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I repeat my offer to fall on the sword and be banned for a while if Hey Man is banned as well. Thanks Mods, love the forum.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I repeat my offer to fall on the sword and be banned for a while if Hey Man is banned as well. Thanks Mods, love the forum.

We've all seen this before. The martyr act. Who do you think you are, Jesus?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
We've all seen this before. The martyr act. Who do you think you are, Jesus?

I was thinking more MLK, but still....figured it would be a good trade-off. My posting quality has fallen off in recent weeks, as has my work productivity. A banning would let my quality improve, get rid of Hey Man, let me get more work done, Win-Win for everyone.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was thinking more MLK, but still....figured it would be a good trade-off. My posting quality has fallen off in recent weeks, as has my work productivity. A banning would let my quality improve, get rid of Hey Man, let me get more work done, Win-Win for everyone.

way to think about our feelings! Some of us like your poasts.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I've not noticed him since I gave up on the Maher thread. Linky please.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

He professed his love for Stallone in a badass movier threak and then derailed the "Best Gif Ever" thread. Again, though, I contributed to the derailment, hence my offer of bannination.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is the Crane's affiliate discount still in effect? The codes don't work on their site and it seems that Crane's has stopped responding to the thread and to emails.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

He professed his love for Stallone in a badass movier threak and then derailed the "Best Gif Ever" thread. Again, though, I contributed to the derailment, hence my offer of bannination.

Yeah, he's a weird troll. I had no idea he was even still posting until I came to TransMod and saw the stuff about the .gif thread. He seems to like to pick one thread and completely derail it, rather than trolling multiple threads.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The forum is running too slow , it takes 3 minutes to load a page.

Is that normal due to the extra traffic on this return from vacation days or am I screwed up ?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads