• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2010 Discussion

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
found it

So...what's the point of his holdout exactly? He seems to just be ******* himself. How is his position better next summer?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's not. he just wants to be a special flower, imo. it only hurts him. 0 power in negotiations.

limester816

Reaction score
Matty Ice
ryan-matt.jpg
Tennessee+Titans+v+Atlanta+Falcons+-vOYsHF51o1l.jpg

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I love football, but I hate NFL pre-season games. The Colts seem to always play to loose prior to the season so I don't watch or go to those games.

In general, I agree with you. But I was excited to watch a couple of the new additions. Angerer, Hughes, etc. Those are names you'll see a lot this season IMO. And it's kind of cool to watch b/c they are so willing to experiment with positions/players and plays.

limester816

Reaction score
I'm out of the country, but supposedly Tebow threw a strike of the long ball that was dropped...? Doing better than Brady Quinn?

soxpats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Still preseason, but w/e.

Colts got their asses handed to them today, but watching the game was good. We signed several good additions to the team, and the defense is looking good for it being the first game of the season. Excited to see Bob Sanders play on Thursday, and hopefully we will see 4 or 5 games before his inevitable yearly season-ending injury. Jerry Hughes is a massively talented kid, and for him to learn/play alongside Freeney and Mathis will be great for him IMO.

Who are you guys looking forward to watching this year?

How soon before Sanders gets injured.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liked the packers focus on faster release for Rodgers, but did not like what seemed to be him staring at his primary.

Curious to see if the track record of the Martz offense producing superstar runningbacks holds true for the kid in Chicago.

Sorry I won't see many Chargers games.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soxpats
How soon before Sanders gets injured.

Hopefully he makes it the whole season. Supposedly this is the healthiest he's ever been to start a season.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vikings need a quarterback. Really should have drafted one.
ffffuuuu.gif

bunnyoswaldo

Reaction score
Go 'Skins.....

Okay...I'll take the bait. The dismantling of the Bills with decent, mistake free football makes me optimistic. Even though thsey played atrotious at times under Zorn, they had some odd moments last year that made me think that they were not that far off (they took NO into overtime). 2 Things create certain success in the NFL: a good defense and a good O-Line. Those will have you contending for the playoffs every year. What takes teams over the top is rarified skill at some key position (QB, D-Line, RB) or some combination of the upper higher level of skill. Look at the past few SuperBowls: the Saints had Brees and a solid defense, the Colts had Manning and co.

So.....is McNabb a rare talent? Probably not, but he finds a way to win. If the 'Skins defense holds and the O-Line gels.......then who knows. I am certainly more excited then I was this time last year.

BP348

Reaction score
I wasn't real happy with the Bears O-line but that wasn't a big surprise. Since it is pre season I'm not to worried about it yet. If they can get the o-line to play decent then the division will be wide open.

I think the Jets will have a much better year then 8-8. I think the Jets, Bengals, & Texans will have a good year & will make it in to the playoffs. I'm hoping the bears will be in there as well.

sunror

Reaction score
Originally Posted by limester816
I'm out of the country, but supposedly Tebow threw a strike of the long ball that was dropped...? Doing better than Brady Quinn?

sure, most qbs in the league (third stringers included) are probably better than brady quinn

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limester816
true, but brady quinn could bench them

Plus he's a hottie.
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads