• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Did you notice that seller has a bunch of Elton John's used shoes for sale? As in 5000+ pairs although only a fraction are listed. Who wouldn't want a pair of purple/brown/white ostrich Prada loafers?
Hey, those Boss ponyhair boots are so tempting, if they're still available and I still have cash after my trip, it'll be hard not to kop Makes you wonder just how many pairs of shoes Elton had though, crazy

attacus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
I have a pair of black bihars that had rusty eyelets out of the box, didn't bother me much as I got them heavily discounted.

looks like the rusty eyelets wasn't something new to paul smith......

attacus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Personally, I'd still go with it, but if you don't want to wait you could try talking to cobblers in your area and see if any could replace the eyelets

i am wondering if paulsmith would be kind enough to send me a set of new eyelets? i hate the waiting part.

anyway, paulsmith dot co dot uk is yet to revert.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Cool-Hand, cheers fella, got the Rollins today, i think the fastest I've ever gotten a package from UK sent royal mail. Perfect shoe, of course. Much obliged

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of various shoe trees for my PS shoes/boots but they all seem to bulky vertically for the low profile of PS. I'm thinking about sizing down on the shoe trees next. Any advice or specific recommendations from the board would be very appreciated. Tia

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Cool-Hand, cheers fella, got the Rollins today, i think the fastest I've ever gotten a package from UK sent royal mail. Perfect shoe, of course. Much obliged

Good news (I posted last Saturday), hope you enjoy them. I still have the other new Rollins in Red UK 7 / US8 if anyone is interested. They are not listed on eBay at present.

PS Customer Services have informed me today that Bogart Boots are not available in half sizes at any of their London Stores. I don't know if that means half sizes are available elsewhere?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Branded
Just got these Millers

008-2.jpg

Great pickup...love those and the lower profile.

Here's the pair I've lusted after for months now, praying they would last until sales time. Very last pair on Tobi in my size (UK7), surprised they lasted until the 30% off sale coupon struck. Love these things. Suede Arthurs:

100_3989.jpg

100_3988.jpg

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^nice! Those are definately your style.

Could someone please answer my Q about low profile vs. Shoe trees? Should I just use them even though every make I've found wants to raise the profile? It might be a stupid question but I don't think it's been addressed before. Thanks

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
^nice! Those are definately your style.

Could someone please answer my Q about low profile vs. Shoe trees? Should I just use them even though every make I've found wants to raise the profile? It might be a stupid question but I don't think it's been addressed before. Thanks

Honestly I don't think it really matters as long as the volume isn't such that you're really stretching them out.
But you could try a whittling knife and some sandpaper on the ones you've got if it really bugs you.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you buying the right size shoe trees? I've never had a problem in the four or so pairs of PS shoes I have (using Woodlore trees). I do prefer to keep the surface of the shoe taut, so a comparatively tall fit on the tree is good, in my book.

junior varsity

Reaction score
i am about to order the Palin from the UK website (im in the states)
i am just wondering how the quality of their shoes are...
I think they look visually beautiful... but how do they stack up vs. santoni and ferragamo that we have grown so accustomed to here in the states?

also? i dont get the decorative outsole... it has a flower thing on the leather sole but its in the wheel house of the wear area... so basically it'll become screwed up the second the show hits concrete?

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Great pickup...love those and the lower profile.

Here's the pair I've lusted after for months now, praying they would last until sales time. Very last pair on Tobi in my size (UK7), surprised they lasted until the 30% off sale coupon struck. Love these things. Suede Arthurs:

100_3988.jpg

Nice, would love to see some fit pics. I was going to pick this one up, but thought the color might be too specific. Good pick up.

attacus

Reaction score
gentlemen, i have a quick question here: how would you compare paul smith to loake or cheaney?

p/s: i had done my homework by going through all 232 pages but can't find anything related. i know Get Smart met up with THE grand master in tokyo, cool_hand trades paul smith at the evil bay, RFX45 snapped the most knee-down Appreciation (fit pics) and zippyh's collection can last for 10 generations......

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Cheaney actually made the first run of Paul Smith British Collections shoes. As much as I like Loake, I dont think Loake rate that high in the grand pantheon of shoemakers. It's a good shoe and well made, and their Royal Brogue is a classic, but they do use a lot of correct grain leathers, granted it keeps prices down, but it keeps them out of the conversation of higher end shoes.

I'd say PS def rates with the better english makers like Cheaney, Grenson, Trickers, Sargent etc. Not quite as polished as the top tier like Green, Lobb, Cleverly etc. But then the prices reflect that.

But PS has the advantage of using their own specialty leathers, like the dip dye and buffalino, which is specially made for them and unique to PS.

btw dont have my own store, but I think I have enough PS shoes for maybe 9 generations
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member