• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

XeF4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
I kinda agree, but a troll thread isn't gonna have the same effect in DT as it would in General.
I understand that you think I am trolling because many people think bomb shelters are for people with tinfoil hats, but many people have built them before me, and I can assure you that I am not joking about this matter. If you think that the topic is ridiculous you have every right to ignore the thread, but you have no right to slander me. Sent from my iPad.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
I understand that you think I am trolling because many people think bomb shelters are for people with tinfoil hats, but many people have built them before me, and I can assure you that I am not joking about this matter. If you think that the topic is ridiculous you have every right to ignore the thread, but you have no right to slander me.

Sent from my iPad.

What does your HOA say about this?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
I never said I have a HOA, I was asking about them.

I see. Well, don't get me deported.

Seriously, Douglas has identified the pattern. General getting DT'ed.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I see. Well, don't get me deported.

Seriously, Douglas has identified the pattern. General getting DT'ed.

+1. I'm doing that way too much these days. Am I becoming a conservative?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
why, was the vaclav, banned?

He gets banned about every three months.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overdue Props:

Since the move to the new server, SF has been one peppy mutha. Haven't had any problems since. Bless you, styleforum.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Overdue Props:

Since the move to the new server, SF has been one peppy mutha. Haven't had any problems since. Bless you, styleforum.

Hmmm.
I've noticed more lag and flat out fail to load lately.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
just FYI, that rule didn't come from nowhere.

We used to have bump o mania.

Then we said 'ok, give it a price drop or some reason to bump' thinking that people would be reasonable.

Then we had people reducing a $100 item to $99.95 and saying 'price drop, bump', then dropping it to $99.90 a few hours later, "price drop, bump". Then we get annoyed, and had to go instituting minimum price drops.

Personally, I think it's ******* stupid that we have to hold your hands like that, but people brought it on themselves....

Yeah, it makes perfect sense. Thankfully for my dignity, I wasn't redacting the price by a few pennies, but I'm glad I learned this sooner rather than later. I thought I was on top of how to abide by the rules, having read the sticky, etc., but I missed this one. I hope there aren't any other ones I don't know about!

So, not to flog a dead horse, but what recourse do I have now? Is reopening a new thread for the as yet unsold item acceptable? I've refrained from taking any action on it because I didn't know what to do, assuming that a lock meant 'Game Over.'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads