• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Don't EVER go to Montreal to Party

deranged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
What makes you decide to join SF, barely do any posting for two years, then come here to ***** about the fact you could not do Montreal properly? Just saying.

I'm sorry I mostly creep these pages and check B+S. I do not write many posts because the regulars seem to bash everything everyone says. I was bored from studying developmental econ so i decided to rant about my trip to see if anyone else has shared my experience. My apologies if I have offended you. Just saying.

nauru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cognacad
I have partied in Montreal and it is sick, no doubt. Is it sicker than Amsterdam or Ibizza? No. Still though, not many places in North America that could beat it consistently for a great time.
Ibiza is a bit extreme, but Barcelona is where university students in Amsterdam go to party... North America ... other than New York, it seems like there is so much car culture that you can't just get off the plane/train and get straight to partying and drunken wandering. Almost need private chauffeur to drive all the way to the next club! The most interesting thing with North America though is the private house parties, since houses are so much bigger. These can be fantastic, but obviously you have to know people, can't just show up in a city and wander into fun the same way you can in European party cities. My observations anyway.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nauru
Ibiza is a bit extreme, but Barcelona is where university students in Amsterdam go to party...

No, Ibiza is off the ******* chain. Best 2 weeks I cant remember.

deranged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nauru
Ibiza is a bit extreme, but Barcelona is where university students in Amsterdam go to party...

What makes you decide to join SF, barely do any posting for a year, then come here to correct his take on Barcelona? Just saying.

I kid.

elegantgentleman

Reaction score
I have to agree that I don't think that Montreal was the city it once was in terms of party town. I recently had a less than exciting experience with their night life. But it was, of course, an isolated experience.

If you want more budget, local night life, stay in Toronto or go to Niagara Falls. If you have a bit more to spend, Vegas is the best choice for what you're looking for (while still staying in North America).

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are awesome.

You should start your own travel blog . It'll be fuking hilarious. I see reality show in your future too.

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
You guys are awesome.

You should start your own travel blog . It'll be fuking hilarious. I see reality show in your future too.

I'd read that.

But seriously, it isn't that hard to have a good time in Montreal. OP, I hate to pile on, but the problem really isn't the city.

rapdancin

Reaction score
i actually just got back from montreal about an hour ago (i was there since thursday with a few friends), and you really did just go to the wrong places. st. laurent was really busy thursday, friday and saturday night, and why would you get poutine from frites alors, and not, say, la banquise or even belle province?

also, pretty much all the girls there are attractive.

Hany

Reaction score
You and your friends seem like terrible travellers. Next time you visit a new city post a thread before going or better yet buy a city guide. Montreal can be great, too bad you missed the fun.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

+1

this thread is major lulz

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

laugh.gif

Ah, dumb university kids. $800 in three days? Getting blackmailed by a titty club bouncer? Jesus H. You sound like you come from rural Saskatchewan, not the de facto capital.

Next time, don't try to re-enact The Hangover and do a little research instead.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
laugh.gif

Ah, dumb university kids. $800 in three days? Getting blackmailed by a titty club bouncer? Jesus H. You sound like you come from rural Saskatchewan, not the de facto capital.

Next time, don't try to re-enact The Hangover and do a little research instead.

Tru dat!! I have been to Montreal many times and you CAN have a good time. As stated, it sounds like yu had a ****** plan once you got there! Your bad!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads