Don't EVER go to Montreal to Party

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by deranged, May 30, 2010.

1. deranged

deranged Senior member

What makes you decide to join SF, barely do any posting for two years, then come here to bitch about the fact you could not do Montreal properly? Just saying.

I'm sorry I mostly creep these pages and check B+S. I do not write many posts because the regulars seem to bash everything everyone says. I was bored from studying developmental econ so i decided to rant about my trip to see if anyone else has shared my experience. My apologies if I have offended you. Just saying.

2. nauru

nauru Member

I have partied in Montreal and it is sick, no doubt. Is it sicker than Amsterdam or Ibizza? No. Still though, not many places in North America that could beat it consistently for a great time.
    Ibiza is a bit extreme, but Barcelona is where university students in Amsterdam go to party... North America ... other than New York, it seems like there is so much car culture that you can't just get off the plane/train and get straight to partying and drunken wandering. Almost need private chauffeur to drive all the way to the next club! The most interesting thing with North America though is the private house parties, since houses are so much bigger. These can be fantastic, but obviously you have to know people, can't just show up in a city and wander into fun the same way you can in European party cities. My observations anyway.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Ibiza is a bit extreme, but Barcelona is where university students in Amsterdam go to party...

No, Ibiza is off the fucking chain. Best 2 weeks I cant remember.

4. deranged

deranged Senior member

Ibiza is a bit extreme, but Barcelona is where university students in Amsterdam go to party...

What makes you decide to join SF, barely do any posting for a year, then come here to correct his take on Barcelona? Just saying.

I kid.

5. elegantgentleman

elegantgentleman Senior member

I have to agree that I don't think that Montreal was the city it once was in terms of party town. I recently had a less than exciting experience with their night life. But it was, of course, an isolated experience.

If you want more budget, local night life, stay in Toronto or go to Niagara Falls. If you have a bit more to spend, Vegas is the best choice for what you're looking for (while still staying in North America).

6. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Senior member

You guys are awesome.

You should start your own travel blog . It'll be fuking hilarious. I see reality show in your future too.

7. z7f9q

z7f9q Senior member

You guys are awesome.

You should start your own travel blog . It'll be fuking hilarious. I see reality show in your future too.

I'd read that.

But seriously, it isn't that hard to have a good time in Montreal. OP, I hate to pile on, but the problem really isn't the city.

8. willpower

willpower Senior member

You didn't go to the Naked Poutine Wrestling in the old city section?

9. nauru

nauru Member

You didn't go to the Naked Poutine Wrestling old the old city section?

Link please!

10. rapdancin

rapdancin Senior member

i actually just got back from montreal about an hour ago (i was there since thursday with a few friends), and you really did just go to the wrong places. st. laurent was really busy thursday, friday and saturday night, and why would you get poutine from frites alors, and not, say, la banquise or even belle province?

also, pretty much all the girls there are attractive.

11. Hany

Hany Senior member

You and your friends seem like terrible travellers. Next time you visit a new city post a thread before going or better yet buy a city guide. Montreal can be great, too bad you missed the fun.

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

hahahahahahahahahahahaha[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

+1

this thread is major lulz

14. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

[​IMG]

Ah, dumb university kids. $800 in three days? Getting blackmailed by a titty club bouncer? Jesus H. You sound like you come from rural Saskatchewan, not the de facto capital.

Next time, don't try to re-enact The Hangover and do a little research instead.

15. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

[​IMG]

Ah, dumb university kids. $800 in three days? Getting blackmailed by a titty club bouncer? Jesus H. You sound like you come from rural Saskatchewan, not the de facto capital.

Next time, don't try to re-enact The Hangover and do a little research instead.

Tru dat!! I have been to Montreal many times and you CAN have a good time. As stated, it sounds like yu had a shitty plan once you got there! Your bad!