• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where RJ At????

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I don't want to have to keep defending and making these points to the ever-renewing horde of tire-kickers, late-comers and water-carriers for the trolls. To anyone who says, lighten up, it's just the Internet, well, they can ******* have it.

+10 trillion. Mighty ******* sick of this "argument." You assholes know who you are. Most of you, anyway.

I'm still around, for a while, but I was always more pugilistic than RJ.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
frown.gif
This makes me sincerely sad. I apologize, RJ, that I had catalyzed this thread that may have made you feel obligated to explain your current situation. You and I both know that we weren't e-buddies, but I did enjoy your presence here and noted your absence, and I find it deplorable that someone holds such malice against you over discussions held on freaking fashion message boards.

+1, this sounds weird but SF will be worse off without you.
frown.gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
+1, this sounds weird but SF will be worse off without you.
frown.gif

Seriously, it will. It makes me pissed off at whoever did this ****.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
It makes me pissed off at whoever did this ****.

A rotten soul.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
That's really really fucked up. Sorry to hear it.
ya it was. RJ reported it to me at the time, in both a mod and friend capacity. Other than letting him know that we'd never let it stand here, there was nothing I could do as a mod (it happened on another board, by someone long banned from here, and to his credit, FNB pulled it down pretty quickly) and as a friend, all I could do was listen. He said at the time he was done with the forums, but still, thought he'd be back...he'd taken several hiatuses before.

I would say he is one of the people who has made an effort to keep his online persona pretty far from his personal life (in all the years he has been around the board, there are probably less than a handful of people who even know his first name, and to my knowledge, the only picture of him ever posted was my fault, when I put up a link to a gallery of photos of me in France) - so certainly he never opened himself up to that kind of scrutiny in the way that others do. As such, I do understand why he would take it pretty seriously when the scrutiny finds its way to him.

Anyhow, as mod, member and friend, I am really sad to hear that he means it this time - one of my favorite posters, and a legitimately great guy to be around.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
frown.gif
Sorry to hear this. As Matt said, great guy to whom this should never have happened.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
frown.gif
Sorry to hear this. As Matt said, great guy to whom this should never have happened.

+1

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Teh RJ is sending me a parting gift. I feel very warm, inside.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
ya it was. RJ reported it to me at the time, in both a mod and friend capacity. Other than letting him know that we'd never let it stand here, there was nothing I could do as a mod (it happened on another board, by someone long banned from here, and to his credit, FNB pulled it down pretty quickly) and as a friend, all I could do was listen. He said at the time he was done with the forums, but still, thought he'd be back...he'd taken several hiatuses before.

I would say he is one of the people who has made an effort to keep his online persona pretty far from his personal life (in all the years he has been around the board, there are probably less than a handful of people who even know his first name, and to my knowledge, the only picture of him ever posted was my fault, when I put up a link to a gallery of photos of me in France) - so certainly he never opened himself up to that kind of scrutiny in the way that others do. As such, I do understand why he would take it pretty seriously when the scrutiny finds its way to him.

Anyhow, as mod, member and friend, I am really sad to hear that he means it this time - one of my favorite posters, and a legitimately great guy to be around.

Yeah, I know his first and last name but you'd have to kill me to get it out of me.

This incident makes me reconsider the time I spend on SF,

I know some like me and some do not and I could give a ****.

I love my historical Texas threads but I can just see some loser internet shithead stirring up trouble.

It's really sad when decent people can't interact civilly.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
frown.gif

+ 1

emptym

Reaction score
Please don't go. Unless you really must.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RJ you got my solidarity.

I wish you well with your decision and be your life full of joy and free of these Interwebz BS.

I really can't measure how a loser a guy can be to harass someone for differences of opinions on a clothing forum. Incredible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads