1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where RJ At????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HORNS, May 21, 2010.

1. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

Obviously I'm late, as I almost never click on the "where's so-and-so" threads. I can only offer belated condolences and regrets to RJ, a wonderful poster and person.

As for the one who made whatever these comments were, he's demonstrated once again that he's a sick individual. I mean that without any hyperbole whatsoever. A person who can cling to grudges like that and do some of the things he's done is in need of serious psychiatric assistance.

It's this very type of person that makes me think three times about revealing anything about myself online. I've been stalked before; nowadays, it would be even easier with the proliferation of the internet.

The terrible thing, though, is that he's probably reading all these comments and feeling gratification.

+ a big F'ing 1

Sad to hear this had to happen to RJ.

2. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

WTF. Now who's gonna PM me asking for my opinion of vintage dressing robes? [​IMG]

(Btw RJ, I still don't know why any dood would wear one.)

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Perhaps someone took a screenshot of said offensive thread. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I totally missed this and obviously feel bad for RJ and wish I knew who the poster was so as to make sure and avoid him but this is one of the reasons I try and not partake in any serious back and forths with people and also why I am extremely hesitant to meet internet people in real life, even those of you that seem "normal".

5. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

holy moly, that's a bitter pill.

6. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Hey RJ let me add another voice to the well wishers. Sad to see you go as RJ snark is the best snark.

I'll keep my eyes open for some Dunhill corral cufflinks, maybe that will lure you back.

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

this incident just proves that a well-dressed piece of shit that can afford to buy the best stuff will always remain, a piece of shit.

8. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

this incident just proves that a well-dressed piece of shit that can afford to buy the best stuff will always remain, a piece of shit.

I just visited the FNB site in question, looked around for about 20 minutes, and I must say that you are absolutely correct. I don't think that I'm going out on a limb here by stating that the eponymous site's founder requires a cult of personality.

9. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Not to change the subject but....where the hell is Dopey?[​IMG]

10. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just visited the FNB site in question, looked around for about 20 minutes, and I must say that you are absolutely correct. I don't think that I'm going out on a limb here by stating that the eponymous site's founder requires a cult of personality.
    Again, to my best knowledge FNB was not the guy who made the thread in question -- he took it down, which was the decent thing to do. I don't frequent his site so I don't know if he banned the sock puppet and its puppeteer. I don't think acidboy, gdl, vox, Manton, Teacher et al are referring to FNB himself. Again, I don't want to encourage more speculation or rubbernecking at this awful trainwreck. If you know, you know, if you don't, please don't throw out names. Just maintain a sense of critical thinking and ask yourself why anyone holding himself out as a sartorial authority or posting a great deal is doing so, what his motivations are, and whether the things he says he's done actually support his implicit claims to being an authority or actually merit the adulation of others.

Not to change the subject but....where the hell is Dopey?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can we have one non-hijack threak? After vox and [​IMG] stood down and played it straight and just after it seemed we had hijacked the thread back from Manton... I don't want to come back.

11. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

[​IMG]

If you ever want to grab a schneider aventinus, let me know.

12. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Again, to my best knowledge FNB was not the guy who made the thread in question -- he took it down, which was the decent thing to do. I don't frequent his site so I don't know if he banned the sock puppet and its puppeteer. I don't think acidboy, gdl, vox, Manton, Teacher et al are referring to FNB himself. Again, I don't want to encourage more speculation or rubbernecking at this awful trainwreck. If you know, you know, if you don't, please don't throw out names. Just maintain a sense of critical thinking and ask yourself why anyone holding himself out as a sartorial authority or posting a great deal is doing so, what his motivations are, and whether the things he says he's done actually support his implicit claims to being an authority or actually merit the adulation of others.

I'm not putting the blame on FNB, nor am I speculating/wanting to know who the person was who did this, but the overall culture of that site, from my glances, seems quite spiteful to me.

13. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

I don't think acidboy, gdl, vox, Manton, Teacher et al are referring to FNB himself. [. . .] If you know, you know, if you don't, please don't throw out names.

For public record, I wasn't. The person we referred to is loooong gone, so most around here don't even know who he is anyway.

14. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

For public record, I wasn't. The person we referred to is loooong gone, so most around here don't even know who he is anyway.

Neither did I except peripherally until Manton kept on flogging me.

I didn't quite believe it, though, until I saw it myself.

- B

15. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Can we have one non-hijack threak? After vox and [​IMG] stood down and played it straight and just after it seemed we had hijacked the thread back from Manton... I don't want to come back.
    I only play it straight when veins aren't involved. Bring on the veins and I'll bring on the ghey.
    Manton-on-Vox flogging is as unstraight as it gets.

16. Kuro

Kuro Senior member

... I don't want to come back.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

no one else will care about my conversation with Mme Colban at BG about chantilly and that I saw Dominique de Villepin on Madison Avenue last Saturday...

17. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

sad sad situation

18. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

sad sad situation

+1

19. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

move to bring this thread to general chat

20. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Again, to my best knowledge FNB was not the guy who made the thread in question -- he took it down, which was the decent thing to do. I don't frequent his site so I don't know if he banned the sock puppet and its puppeteer.

"Decent." Yeah.

You know damned well FNB has not and will never ban or otherwise discipline in any way that psychopath. First, the miscreant is really the heart and soul of FNB's site. The place would collapse without his malice. Second, FNB very evidently enjoys his torments and especially whom the tormentor torments, people whom FNB also personally hates, to a man. FNB will never stop it because he enjoys it.

I'm not putting the blame on FNB, nor am I speculating/wanting to know who the person was who did this, but the overall culture of that site, from my glances, seems quite spiteful to me.
    You should. He aids, abets and enables all of this trash and has for years.

He's long gone from here, but he's quite active over there, where close to all he does is rant about what goes on here.

You cool it with the self serving lies, I'll stop the flogging. Deal?