• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cwh812
Semi-PSA: Barney's outlet at Woodbury has solid navy RLBL suits for $798. If you can find a coupon pretty good deal for a solid navy. I saw one 38R and two 40R's when I was there on Saturday. Didn't look at any other sizes.

If anyone can pick me up a 38R in navy I would be happy to make it well worth their while.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Expires at midnight:

Extra 30% off one item from smartbargains.com

They have 5 Samuelsohn jackets on sale for $174.98.

Withe the discount and shipping it's $132.44. Definitely worth it!

I've ordered two before, they're the Blake model and are fully canvassed. I'm tempted to buy another but I really need a 39R and they don't have any in stock, except for in the one that I already own.

Link:
http://www.smartbargains.com/?aid=30...&program=16896

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bloomingdales at South Coast Plaza has some great ties on clearance.
They have slim house brand ties for as little as $12.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cwh812
Semi-PSA: Barney's outlet at Woodbury has solid navy RLBL suits for $798. If you can find a coupon pretty good deal for a solid navy. I saw one 38R and two 40R's when I was there on Saturday. Didn't look at any other sizes.

if any of you are in the ft. lauderdale area, barneys outlet in sawgrass mills has em too. variety of sizes. I passed on the rlbl but was able to kop some sweet nom de Guerre
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone already posted, but Bluefly has several pair of Tramezza for 20% off + 25% off

tjc4golf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Expires at midnight:

I've ordered two before, they're the Blake model and are fully canvassed. I'm tempted to buy another but I really need a 39R and they don't have any in stock, except for in the one that I already own.

Link:

Thanks for this PSA. While the 30% off deal expired, they've now dropped the price to $150 and you can get 12% off and free standard shipping via the coupon link on this site.

I picked up this jacket for $131.98 (shipping and tax included).

If this fits as well as the Paul Stuart Samuelsohn stuff fits me I'll be a very happy man.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tjc4golf
Thanks for this PSA. While the 30% off deal expired, they've now dropped the price to $150 and you can get 12% off and free standard shipping via the coupon link on this site.

If this fits as well as the Paul Stuart Samuelsohn stuff fits me I'll be a very happy man.

great pick up!

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Expires at midnight:

Link:

Thanks for the heads up. I can't find anything on the Blake model. Can you comment on how it fits? Shoulders and trimness in the body?

Thanks!

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Shoulders are about a 18.25 - 18.5 for a 40R. It's not really a slim fit. You can always get the waist suppressed, but the arm holes are fairly low, not comically but definitely conservative. And the sleeves themselves are pretty generous, so you may need to get those tapered as well.

Quality is good, fully canvassed and pretty easy to tell. I have the silk/linen/wool blend and it's a decent fabric, but obviously still a blend so nothing special.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bananananana
Shoulders are about a 18.25 - 18.5 for a 40R. It's not really a slim fit. You can always get the waist suppressed, but the arm holes are fairly low, not comically but definitely conservative. And the sleeves themselves are pretty generous, so you may need to get those tapered as well.

Quality is good, fully canvassed and pretty easy to tell. I have the silk/linen/wool blend and it's a decent fabric, but obviously still a blend so nothing special.

+1

I'm happy someone picked up the 38R in the 100% wool one. You saved me over 100 dollars. haha

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gordon Yao, said by some here to comparable to WW Chan or better, sent out an email with his US tour details (which I assume he doesn't mind me posting here). I was wondering, do traveling tailors generally do any cutting or tailoring or do they just measure on these trips? Are their prices generally the same as that in Hong Kong? It wouldn't be too out of my way, and certainly cheaper than flying to HK, to catch Yao at the start of his trip, get something cut and (basted fitting?) in NY, and then get it altered again at San Fran. I assume the first fitting is the most important? Anyway, here it is: GORDON YAO & COMPANY CUSTOM TAILOR SHOP 116, THE ROYAL GARDEN HOTEL 69, MODY ROAD, KOWLOON, HONG KONG Tel: 2730-1545 Fax: 2736-2311 E-mail: [email protected] \t\t\t \t\t\t I have the pleasure to inform you that I shall be visiting your city according to following schedule:- \t\t\t CITY \tDATE \tHOTEL \tPHONE \t\t\t NEW YORK CITY \tJune 7th thr. 12th \tTHE NEW YORK PALACE HOTEL \t(212) 888-7000 NEW YORK \t\t455 Madison Avenue \t \t\tNew York, N. Y. 10022 \t \t\t\t PHILADELPHIA \tJune 14th thr. 15th \tRADISSON PLAZA WARWICK HOTEL \t(215) 735-6000 PENN. \t\t1701 Locust Street \t \t\tPhiladelphia, PA. 19103 \t \t\t\t WASHINGTON \tJune 17th \tTHE FAIRMONT WASHINGTON D.C. \t(202) 429-2400 D. C. \t\t2401 M Street NW \t \t\tWashington D.C. 20037 \t \t\t\t DALLAS \tJune 19th \tTHE FAIRMONT DALLAS \t(214) 720-2020 TEXAS \t\t1717 North Akard St. \t \t\tDallas, TX. 75201 \t \t\t\t CHICAGO \tJune 21st thr. 22nd \tFAIRMONT HOTEL \t(312) 565-8000 ILLINOIS \t\t200 North Columbus Drive \t \t\tChicago, IL. 60601 \t \t\t\t LOS ANGELES \tJune 24th thr. 25th \tMONTAGE HOTEL BEVERLY HILLS \t(310) 860-7800 CALIFORNIA \t\t225 North Canon Drive \t \t\tBeverly Hills, CA. 90210 \t \t\t\t SAN FRANCISCO \tJune 27th thr. 29th \tFAIRMONT HOTEL \t(415) 772-5000 CALIFORNIA \t\tAtop Nob Hill, 950 Mason St. \t \t\tSan Francisco, CA. 94108 \t \t\t\t ITEMS TO BE OFFERED:- SUITS , SPORTCOAT, SLACKS AND TOPCOATS. \t A complete new range of best English woollen material swatches will be available for your selection. I should be grateful if you would kindly contact me by phone for an appointment. It would also be most kind of you if you would recommend my service to your relatives, friends and neighbours. When ordering this time, it is advisable to wear the suit or jacket of your last order to show me for checking the measurements and stye. Thank you for your continuous patronage and looking forward to the pleasure of serving you again. \t\t\t During U. S. visit, my mobile phone ( 848 ) 468 - 0697 is available. \t \t\t\t \t\t\t Gordon Yao

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tjc4golf

I picked one up for a good price earlier too. Comes with a substantial wood/composite hanger.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All he does on these trips is measure. I have never seen him do any fittings on these tours nor have any basted garments with him.

I'll be going to visit him while he is in SF.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^hmm, that's a real pity... I guess it makes sense though- he probably doesn't want to carry around a fleet of workers to make suits on the trip. Kind of makes the trip useless to first-time clients though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads