Official Events and PSA thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Lowndes

Lowndes Senior member

$1000-$1500 bespoke full-canvas 16oz 2-piece, preferably without having to spend an additional $2000 on a plane ticket and accommodation in HK.[​IMG] I've never seen such a suit offered in the US for less than $3000, if you were implying someone in the US could do it? I have friends I can visit and vacation a bit in HK, hence my preference to go over there if multiple g's are going to be spent anyway.

Well, to get the most out of it I would suggest visiting HK. That is what I plan to do at least. I am getting measured while Yao is here in the States and then will visit HK in early September to get fitted and have the suits completed.

2. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

Well, to get the most out of it I would suggest visiting HK. That is what I plan to do at least. I am getting measured while Yao is here in the States and then will visit HK in early September to get fitted and have the suits completed.
    Did you do that to reduce the amount of time you have to spend in HK? what is the minimum, like 3 days?

3. Lowndes

Lowndes Senior member

Did you do that to reduce the amount of time you have to spend in HK? what is the minimum, like 3 days?

Sort of, I guess. I already had my vacation planned and am going to be in HK for 6 days. I believe that is enough time for them to do it but for peace of mind and to hopefully allow for better results I want to get measured here in the U.S. just to make sure. Never know if you might need an extra fitting, etc.

4. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Cucinelli and Bastian sale is on according to Choosy Beggar. Has anybody checked it out?

20% off their already outrageous prices?

5. TonyThe Tailor

TonyThe Tailor Senior member

Tony The Tailor Columbus, Ohio Trunkshow May 15th. Chase Suites Hotel in Dublin.

6. gbrown_nyc

gbrown_nyc Senior member

7. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

8. Salad

Salad Senior member

Not sure if this is worth posting but I found these 80's vintage Brooks Brothers shirts on Craigslist in San Francisco, size 15/32. The guy describes them (12) as "Makers" label. $30 each. I have nothing to do with this listing but I know old BB button downs get love so I thought I'd give smaller sized SF heads the heads up. Once again, I have nothing to do with this listing. Found it while searching for BB on Craigslist. Here's the link: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/clo/1728160965.html

9. yoink

yoink Well-Known Member

Neiman Marcus had their First Day (formerly First Mark) sale preview tonight. The actual sale will be tomorrow for one day only. Savings are 25% to 30% off and return to full price on Friday. Other items will remain discounted for the First Call sale. Shoe wise all Barker Black, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Tod's, Tom Ford were on sale. No Gucci or Prada though as they will be marked down for First Call later. I was able to get the last bronze Ferragamo Tramezza Gaeta (25% off) in my size with an extra $50 off coupon I got in the mail. I figured they would be about the same price if they were on sale at the Ferragamo store next month at 30% off -if they go on sale. http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.as...seasProdID=51I

10. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

11. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

Any good sales going on for suits in the NYC area? Need a suit in 38R really soon. Thanks.

12. dshin

dshin Senior member

Grapevinehill is selling the vaunted RL Gifford's on eBay right now for $299 with free shipping. Here's a pair in size 10: http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-Dar...item483a8c2aa2

There may be others as well, I haven't looked.

They had 8.5s over the weekend. I bought it and received them today. They are very nice.

13. tacobender

tacobender Senior member

Tuesday the 25th - Barneys is doing 40% off some menswear, June 3rd should see the remainder of it go on sale for 30-40% off.

14. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

NM Last Call stores having 40% tomorrow & wednesday (May 25/26)

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

anyone know what brands are going on sale at Barney's?