• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
congrats. i just took a yoga class and then ate general tao's chicken and now i feel like ****

Think about how much better you feel than if you ate general tao's chicken and then took a yoga class

also that mmm jacket is mediocre looking from that picture

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
jacket looks much better than the wvg one. everyone is very detail-oriented around here but it's not enough to just have details but have them work with and produce an overall aesthetically pleasing/attractive product. some other workwear/heritage brands fail to combine both as well not just the wvg coat. Sqf4u's distressed/ripped mmm sweater has rips and stuff like that which are a neat detail in theory, but the rips look really nice with the overall product and general look/vibe that margiela lookbooks are trying to give off so overall that sweater of his looked good. I think the rest of the coat being a bit more conservative (but still slim/stylish) makes the extra detail more wearable. adding extra stuff and detail upon detail would make it look overdone. as is, that mmm coat looks attractive

hey chronoaug.
someone else made the mistake of thinking the "torn" sweater is MMM as well. it's actually Dior.

nicelynice: how do rick owens trainers fit? TTS? how is the sole attached to the upper leather portions? is it stitched? some dude in the How Durable Are Expensive Shoes thread (or whatever its called), said they are vulcanized and that the stitches are purely aesthetic. the inner asshole in me wants me to think that the guy is just a dumbass & doesn't know what he is talking about. can you confirm or deny this?

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
hey chronoaug.
someone else made the mistake of thinking the "torn" sweater is MMM as well. it's actually Dior.

^That was me.
frown.gif
fingers are not following brain. I can, in fact, read MS paint. Sometimes.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
what?
Originally Posted by nicelynice
What? Going out of business?
Dammit, I can't find the article that said they're spiraling quickly down the toilet. The long-running story is that their sales are down. Recently its been a combination of poor sales, new stakeholders who are holding the reins on their spending, and recent factory immigration raids that are keeping them from meeting their basic manufacturing needs. If I find it again, I'll link it.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
hey chronoaug.

Makes sense. I thought you had worn it in a previous fit and it being dior but i guess i just read brands wrong or something. I have (or had i dunno anymore) a slightly distressed mmm cotton knit. Not a ton but just very little on the neck and cuffs.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hey chronoaug. someone else made the mistake of thinking the "torn" sweater is MMM as well. it's actually Dior. nicelynice: how do rick owens trainers fit? TTS? how is the sole attached to the upper leather portions? is it stitched? some dude in the How Durable Are Expensive Shoes thread (or whatever its called), said they are vulcanized and that the stitches are purely aesthetic. the inner asshole in me wants me to think that the guy is just a dumbass & doesn't know what he is talking about. can you confirm or deny this?
Vulcanized doesn't mean **** in terms of shoe construction.... vulcanized rubber just means it's more resistant (won't crack as easily, won't freeze, not sticky)

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Rick trainers fit pretty true to size, maybe half a size large due to the large toebox

The sole is legitimately stitched about 3/4 of the way around, reinforcing whatever other method they use to attach a sole. Still, the crepe sole is a piece of junk, attached with staples (!) in the back. The leather uppers are very nice, but you're going to need to get heel taps at the very least, or go all out and replace the heel and add a rubber sole, which I need to do soon. I've handled a fake pair, and the soles were nicer..

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
sq4you i like that drop stitch effect yo

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
The Rick trainers fit pretty true to size, maybe half a size large due to the large toebox The sole is legitimately stitched about 3/4 of the way around, reinforcing whatever other method they use to attach a sole. Still, the crepe sole is a piece of junk, attached with staples (!) in the back. The leather uppers are very nice, but you're going to need to get heel taps at the very least, or go all out and replace the heel and add a rubber sole, which I need to do soon. I've handled a fake pair, and the soles were nicer..
****. that's kind of discouraging. i was looking for a nice pair of leather ricks that i could use as daily beaters for ultra relaxed fits (i.e. jeans and t shirt)
Originally Posted by shahanshah
sq4you i like that drop stitch effect yo
thanks. the knit around the "torn" areas is actually reinforced. so one doesnt need to be so worried about the longevity of the thing. it actually looks really solid when you inspect it up close. its the only reason i was willing to shell out so much for it. i wont buy **** that is on its way to completely falling apart (like balmain). the fact that ricks are like 800+ and the soles suck makes me completely reconsider getting a pair.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****. that's kind of discouraging.

Yeah, it's pretty bullshit considering what they charge, Olmar and Mirta can handle leather, but they sure don't know how to make a shoe. I've heard of a ton of problems with the wedges. The good news is that once you fix the sole, they're pretty much indestructible. Just an (unnecessary) extra cost to an already overpriced shoe

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive heard a lot of horror stories about rick trainers falling apart after 5 wears, a month, etc. its not really a shoe you buy for the quality but ****, if they're going to charge $800 for a pair of shoes, they could at least make it hold together

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
does Olmar and Mirta actually make the shoes?

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
^^ are you kidding? thats pretty fucked up. id expect $800+ Ricks would be higher quality than lanvin hi-tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members