• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
noice
inlove.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir
lt not good,
unbalance and heel need to be bigger

heel's fine and in balance - nothing need tobe bigger

thanks for your concern!

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ditto

Originally Posted by imatlas
I prefer the former: the curve on the lower quarter gives the shoe a longer, sleeker appearance, while the straight line of the latter interrupts the flow of the shoe's lines.

De gustibus non est disputandum, of course!

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imatlas, those are extraordinarily beautiful shoes, but I agree with Fritzl's observation about the broken vs unbroken line. I was looking for a shoe that is I guess 'minimalist perfection' without looking like an undifferentiated leather boat. I love the way the curves on toe, heel and vamp complement each other on the Vass 3 eyelet F, you can see in the 1st pic, that reminds me a little of the EG Dover on the 82 last. Still living in hope of finding sleek gentlemanly perfection.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
my concern with the haf-sole, if there's any, is the silhouette. not that it is visible irl or from 5 feet away, but thinking how picky some fellows here are about lapel widths, cuff height, tie width... etc. i tend to wonder, why they "defend" it, as they would run for their life.

you've been so kind to tell me, that certain styles are only available in certain "combinations". prezz mentioned that single sole is standard for the vash. i really don't know due i'm not a vass expert.

i like them a lot and i think they are of great value. let's see if i can "shoot" a cordovan pair soon.

i dunno, if you have been referring to these statements... ...i had to look it up anyway.

Originally Posted by Pliny
Imatlas, those are extraordinarily beautiful shoes, but I agree with Fritzl's observation about the broken vs unbroken line. I was looking for a shoe that is I guess 'minimalist perfection' without looking like an undifferentiated leather boat. I love the way the curves on toe, heel and vamp complement each other on the Vass 3 eyelet F, you can see in the 1st pic, that reminds me a little of the EG Dover on the 82 last. Still living in hope of finding sleek gentlemanly perfection.

i fully agree, though they do not reflect my personal taste in VASS.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another Vass London that gets a lot of love at work from both men and women is this tobacco suede on the P2 last. Again no embellishments. To my mind the New Peter is a classic shoe shape beautiful in its simplicity.
P3090102.jpg
P3090109.jpg

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it that yellow in color? Did you specify to paint the sole with that caramel color? I would've left the sole and heel a natural color brown.
I know this shoe is going to be loved by German members , but honestly, to me there is a very little aesthetic difference between this shoe and a generic suede shoe from H&M or Macy's.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
I know this shoe going to be loved by German members , but honestly to me there is a very little aesthetic difference between this shoe and generic suede shoe from H&M or Macy's.

Do you actually know, if the P2 is identical to "Neuer Peter" last?

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes fritzl, New Peter = P2: see http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=33612 It's slightly more roomy than the F and much more roomy than U. I love this last, but it does have a tendency to look a little bulbous at the toe in certain styles e.g. Budapest.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it that yellow in color? Did you specify to paint the sole with that caramel color? I would've left the sole and heel a natural color brown.
I know this shoe is going to be loved by German members , but honestly, to me there is a very little aesthetic difference between this shoe and a generic suede shoe from H&M or Macy's.

Do you know that fritzl is Austrian?

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it that yellow in color? Did you specify to paint the sole with that caramel color? I would've left the sole and heel a natural color brown. I know this shoe is going to be loved by German members , but honestly, to me there is a very little aesthetic difference between this shoe and a generic suede shoe from H&M or Macy's.
You know I think one could make that observation - 'to me little aesthetic difference between this shoe and .. one at Macy's' - about many of the shoes discussed on this forum. I've had more compliments about the suede P2s than any other shoe - including EG Dover, CJ hand grades, and other Vass on U and F. Perhaps because the finish is so immaculate and the shoe looks so .. I don't know, it's hard to say, but it screams hand made. Incidentally, why might it appeal to Germans? Could be an interesting discussion, especially when you think Germany - Dinkelacker, France - Corthay, Spain - Carmina, England - Edward Green, Italy - Mantellassi, Hungary - Vass, Switzerland - Bally - and compare the styles.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny
I've had more compliments about the suede P2s than any other shoe - including EG Dover, CJ hand grades, and other Vass on U and F. Perhaps because the finish is so immaculate and the shoe looks so .. I don't know, it's hard to say, but it screams hand made.

+1

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thetruthisoutthere.jpg

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ looks a nice grade of suede PG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads