• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny
...so rich and furry...

Is this about Keira..?

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Adelaides are beautiful. Only thing I don't understand is the double-to-single sole. With such an elegant shoe, why not choose a single sole?

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
After more than two weeks stuck in US customs, my design by committee pair came in today from kolecho (who was great to deal with from start to finish).

F-last, dark brown calf, Italian Oxfords, double to single, yada yada.

Very nice !! Now wear them like they are supposed to be, and post a pic in WAYWRN.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After more than two weeks stuck in US customs, my design by committee pair came in today from kolecho (who was great to deal with from start to finish).

4536953334_5381a53e21_b.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality...I was gonna break out the SLR for the first time for a SF post but I just moved and it's...somewhere. The black spots on the toe cap are artifacts.

Those are sweet!!
worship.gif
Was 43.5 the correct size for you (US10.5)?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score

4536953334_5381a53e21_b.jpg

Those are sublime. Well done.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
The Adelaides are beautiful. Only thing I don't understand is the double-to-single sole. With such an elegant shoe, why not choose a single sole?
I wanted something that had a Vass twist (or at least a SF-Vass trademark) since this was my first pair from them. I figure I have a good 60 years left before I'm six feet under which leaves me plenty of time for more brown shoes with single soles
devil.gif
. IRL, though, the thickest part of the sole is thinner than other double soled shoes like the RL Darltons, if only slightly.
Originally Posted by srivats
Very nice !! Now wear them like they are supposed to be, and post a pic in WAYWRN.
Yeah I need to post on WAYWRN from time to time...I've probably only posted 2 or 3 ever and those pics were all from my iPhone or a crappy Canon Elph, and none were pics I took myself. The problem is, I'm in grad school and I spend most of my time in a lab. I probably only dress up to an SF MC level 2 times a week and those times, I'm more set on going out and having fun than setting up a DSLR for pics.
Originally Posted by mr monty
Those are sweet!!
worship.gif
Was 43.5 the correct size for you (US10.5)?

Thus far, they fit about as well as any shoe has out of the box...but I've yet to walk around outside in them...you know because aportnoy might come over and beat the sh*t out of me if I do
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Those are sublime. Well done.
Thanks my fellow Atlantan.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
An interesting question for you, ramuman: why the 'faux' captoes instead of 'real' ones (i.e with a additional piece of leather for the toecap like this? Any special reason?

what you chatting about??????????

there is a cap there not a faux one

ville_e

Reaction score
vassl.jpg
Vass U-Last Budapest Oxford in black Vass F-Last Weymouth in Antique Cognac.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ville_e
vassl.jpg

Vass U-Last Budapest Oxford in black

Vass F-Last Weymouth in Antique Cognac.

Very nice!
worship.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thinking about getting oe with medallion in red cognac on F last with double to single sole, what's the best place and ballpark price these days?

I'm ditching the black shoe idea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads