• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
He's right about the RL blacks turning greenish. It's weird but I see it all the time.

After a while I just stopped buying the RL polos in black . It only takes 4-5 washes (even with woolite) before they turn that nasty greenish hue. I don't wear a whole lot of black clothing anyway so it wasn't much of a loss.

xanatos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scribbles
After a while I just stopped buying the RL polos in black . It only takes 4-5 washes (even with woolite) before they turn that nasty greenish hue. I don't wear a whole lot of black clothing anyway so it wasn't much of a loss.

Same.I only use woolite darks for my stuff, I wear a lot of black and its so weird and ugly that it does that
On the RL site they do have two options for black, Ralph Lauren black and black

I wonder which is the real one and why the difference, I always want to stop by the RL store and ask.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Like all of these generally ...

12_100401_JCrew_Jordan_0429_1-768x1024.jpg

Anyone know what jacket this is? Looks great.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thinking of getting something similar made by TOJ in caramel color leather

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
^ Thanks. Was literally just about to pull the trigger on a Barbour To Ki To jacket, but this has given me cause to pause and reconsider.

i was joking, were you seriously asking who made that jacket that was shown in a j.crew catalog image posted in the j.crew thread?

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Don't be ******* obtuse - you know what a collab is.

sig worthy comment right there.

I generally like this look... but that D-ring webbed belt pisses me off. Almost as much as the douche wearing a denim jacket beneath a suit.
12_100401_JCrew_Jordan_0429_1-768x1024.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You know pisses me off. You know what really gets my blood boiling. I mean, you know what really, really makes me want to punch these J. Crew models in the face?

Look at the set. The grey paper background that looks like a cement basement wall. TOTAL rip off from the inner sleeve photo of the Stones from Sticky Fingers.

Like, what the ****.

xanatos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
You know pisses me off. You know what really gets my blood boiling. I mean, you know what really, really makes me want to punch these J. Crew models in the face?

Look at the set. The grey paper background that looks like a cement basement wall. TOTAL rip off from the inner sleeve photo of the Stones from Sticky Fingers.

Like, what the ****.

F you robert!!! It's just a mall brand what do you expect they copy all the **** from the cool stuff I already knew about 6 years ago!!!

xanatos

Reaction score
If i wasnt in a bad mood tonight that wouldve made me laugh all nights.
edit:ahhh someone already deleted it@!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads