1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. palma

palma Senior member

The warehouse sweatshirt still seem like they are on the site in SZ MED. Is that the only size they made them in because I have only seen Med since last night.

2. Crazy

Crazy Well-Known Member

What is the selection like between the Men's Only Shop and Liquor Store in NYC? I only want to visit one. Do either of them get catalog-only items? I'm not interested in the suiting and collaborations or stuff like that, just a wide selection of the regular items. Am I better off going to one of the other J. Crews?

3. Guus

Guus Senior member

I'm getting the Vintage flannel shirt in winterbrook plaid and the Heather poplin utility shirt in Navy. Only two items I honestly like. Wait until October for the, hopefully, real cool stuff to hit.

4. freewilliee

freewilliee Senior member

what do u guys think of the hillside chambray ties?

5. word

word Senior member

One step closer to a J Crew Bola Tie.

Also costs too much for a tie.

6. Robert

Robert Senior member

I'm getting the Vintage flannel shirt in winterbrook plaid and the Heather poplin utility shirt in Navy. Only two items I honestly like. Wait until October for the, hopefully, real cool stuff to hit.

I remember thinking last year that July and August were real dead. Sept was when more interesting things started showing up.

7. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

Can't believe I sprung for a $150 sweatshirt. Looking forward to melting into a pile of goo the first time I touch it.

8. xchen

xchen Senior member

I have a Buzz Rickson sweatshirt that I got several years ago. It's niiiiice. I think the Warehouse one is probably going to be a better fit than the BR. Keep in mind they probably fit small, although J. Crew may be tagging them up a size.

9. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Love the striped one....hate that it is 2 inches wide!

10. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

What is the selection like between the Men's Only Shop and Liquor Store in NYC? I only want to visit one. Do either of them get catalog-only items? I'm not interested in the suiting and collaborations or stuff like that, just a wide selection of the regular items. Am I better off going to one of the other J. Crews?

they both get a lot of exclusive stuff you won't find in any of the stores. since the demographic is the boutique/artisanal shopper, you won't find the deep sale deals here, what you will find is a pretty good shopping experience as far as j. crew is concerned. the curation of the 484 broadway store includes a backroom that houses mackintosh jackets, exclusive suits, and all sorts of aldens tucked away in cupboards and cabinets. the staff is very knowledgeable, and iirc JKISSI works there as well.

the liquor store's ambience is equally manly, you can pick up copies of inventory magazine and free and easy and peruse ties rolled into highball glasses, mainline jcrew stuff sits alongside collaborations from rogues gallery, thomas mason, et. al.

both are a great place to see the really premium stuff and spend a good dime, but if you're looking for a deal, you are in the wrong place.

11. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

The fabric and fit of their new tweeds look great, but am I the only one who thinks the lapels are going to look dated on otherwise classic jackets in a couple years?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. illumin8em

illumin8em Senior member

Anybody willing to give up their unused catalog coupon? my student discount does not work on what i am trying to get, and it would significantly help.

PM me,
    thanks

13. vthustle

vthustle Senior member

i agree about the lapels on the tweed jackets. maybe i'm biased, but i when i think of tweed, i think of a beefier fabric, which translates to a beefier look (for lack of a better term). just doesn't look quite right to me with the narrow lapels imo.

14. freewilliee

freewilliee Senior member

[​IMG] this ties pretty neat..different graphics instead of repeating the same one graphic.

15. Guus

Guus Senior member

Anyone have any ideas about which shirt will work best with canteen colored pants? I thinking about the microgingham in teal.

16. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

The fabric and fit of their new tweeds look great, but am I the only one who thinks the lapels are going to look dated on otherwise classic jackets in a couple years?

Yeah I noticed that too. I don't recall them being that thin in person last F/W. Maybe it's thinner this season but then again, the pics don't jive with some of the other imgs on their website.

Even in these two photos below, the lapels aren't that thin.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Although on my Ludlow cord blazer, the lapels are indeed that thin.

17. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

the raw denim feature on the homepage is silly. WTF is with jcrew and rolling jeans?

18. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

the new arrivals suck.

19. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Although on my Ludlow cord blazer, the lapels are indeed that thin.
    Are they really? They look super thin in some pictures, not so bad here: [​IMG]

20. Kobrakai88

Kobrakai88 Member

new collection looks solid and looks even better with that employee discount