1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

He's right about the RL blacks turning greenish. It's weird but I see it all the time.

After a while I just stopped buying the RL polos in black . It only takes 4-5 washes (even with woolite) before they turn that nasty greenish hue. I don't wear a whole lot of black clothing anyway so it wasn't much of a loss.

2. xanatos

xanatos Senior member

After a while I just stopped buying the RL polos in black . It only takes 4-5 washes (even with woolite) before they turn that nasty greenish hue. I don't wear a whole lot of black clothing anyway so it wasn't much of a loss.

Same.I only use woolite darks for my stuff, I wear a lot of black and its so weird and ugly that it does that
    On the RL site they do have two options for black, Ralph Lauren black and black

I wonder which is the real one and why the difference, I always want to stop by the RL store and ask.

3. apropos

apropos Senior member

Like all of these generally ...

[​IMG]

Anyone know what jacket this is? Looks great.

4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Anyone know what jacket this is? Looks great.

i think it's j.crew

5. apropos

apropos Senior member

^ Thanks. Was literally just about to pull the trigger on a Barbour To Ki To jacket, but this has given me cause to pause and reconsider.

6. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^^ Thinking of getting something similar made by TOJ in caramel color leather

7. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

about to pull the trigger on a Barbour To Ki To jacket

Any online shop where it is available ?

8. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

^ Thanks. Was literally just about to pull the trigger on a Barbour To Ki To jacket, but this has given me cause to pause and reconsider.

i was joking, were you seriously asking who made that jacket that was shown in a j.crew catalog image posted in the j.crew thread?

9. kevinbrownshakedown

kevinbrownshakedown Well-Known Member

10. the_state

the_state Senior member

a: i need cordovan chukkas
    b: light grey wool suit is that killa.

11. apropos

apropos Senior member

i was joking, were you seriously asking who made that jacket that was shown in a j.crew catalog image posted in the j.crew thread?
    Don't be fucking obtuse - you know what a collab is.

12. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

sig worthy comment right there.

I generally like this look... but that D-ring webbed belt pisses me off. Almost as much as the douche wearing a denim jacket beneath a suit.
    [​IMG]

13. Robert

Robert Senior member

You know pisses me off. You know what really gets my blood boiling. I mean, you know what really, really makes me want to punch these J. Crew models in the face?

Look at the set. The grey paper background that looks like a cement basement wall. TOTAL rip off from the inner sleeve photo of the Stones from Sticky Fingers.

Like, what the fuck.

14. xanatos

xanatos Senior member

You know pisses me off. You know what really gets my blood boiling. I mean, you know what really, really makes me want to punch these J. Crew models in the face?

Look at the set. The grey paper background that looks like a cement basement wall. TOTAL rip off from the inner sleeve photo of the Stones from Sticky Fingers.

Like, what the fuck.

F you robert!!! It's just a mall brand what do you expect they copy all the shit from the cool stuff I already knew about 6 years ago!!!

15. xanatos

xanatos Senior member

If i wasnt in a bad mood tonight that wouldve made me laugh all nights.
    edit:ahhh someone already deleted it@!!

16. Robert

Robert Senior member

F you robert!!! It's just a mall brand what do you expect they copy all the shit from the cool stuff I already knew about 6 years ago!!!

Omg LOL. You know I was trying to be humorous. How is that an old man like me has more of a sense of humor than you young bucks. My God, you're all gonna be some pretty grumpy old men some day.

17. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

lol

18. sazon

sazon Senior member

lol

I believe this is the first use of "obtuse" I've seen on SF. Nice!

19. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

I believe this is the first use of "obtuse" I've seen on SF. Nice!

You obviously don't hang out in CE

20. xanatos

xanatos Senior member

Omg LOL. You know I was trying to be humorous. How is that an old man like me has more of a sense of humor than you young bucks. My God, you're all gonna be some pretty grumpy old men some day.

me too dork..

anyone seen the preview for the fireman hoodie?

It looks really cool and might pick it up when it comes out.Looks like the slub hoodie just hopefully it fits better than that