• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Asking on behalf of a technophobe friend:

Any recommendations for a Fall/Winter/Spring-weight basic vneck sweater for $100 or less (preferably with a reasonable hand-feel and won't lose its shape)?

the_pole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by I<3Bacon
Asking on behalf of a technophobe friend:

Any recommendations for a Fall/Winter/Spring-weight basic vneck sweater for $100 or less (preferably with a reasonable hand-feel and won't lose its shape)?

uniqlo cashmere

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
can anyone comment on Lanvin sneaker sizing? the best i've found with a search is an FS post saying size 8 = size 9.5 US.

i'm a size 42.5 in Dior (which IIRC is 9.5 US). should i order a size 8 Lanvin?

RAM1988

Reaction score
Stupidly posted this first in the other formal menswear forum. Hoping u guys can help me out:

I found these boots I really dig on a sale on Gilt.. only problem is they're just a prop (not for sale) and I can't get any info on the designer, model, etc.. I posted the same post on sufu, but figured you all are just as well-versed on this stuff so I'd give it up for you to try to take a stab.. any one have any idea what these could be.. or, alternatively, the closest thing that's on the market today?

2vjvh2r.jpg

Please any insights would be much appreciated! Fingers crossed..

Ryan

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Monkey-toe boots are ******* atrocious, and tucking into them just makes it all the worse

the_pole

Reaction score
getting an answer in this thread is like getting into the virgin mary's pants .....anyoone know where i can kop superga sneakers

RAM1988

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_pole
getting an answer in this thread is like getting into the virgin mary's pants .....anyoone know where i can kop superga sneakers

Haha well put.. "Monkey-toe, tucked-in, or ******* atrocious" or not, I like the boots and was hoping someone could help. Thanks.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you tell what kind of leather a jacket is? I got one from airportlobby some time ago and he didn't specify what it was, I do have a suspicion that it's lambskin though because it's very soft (as in, fold it up and stash it in a drawer soft) and shows imperfections easily.

the_pole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RAM1988
Haha well put.. "Monkey-toe, tucked-in, or ******* atrocious" or not, I like the boots and was hoping someone could help. Thanks.

your best bet would be to email the people from gilt and ask what boots those are

RAM1988

Reaction score
Yep, my thinking exactly. I emailed and called them, but they made the excuse that since it's merely a prop item, they have no access to the information. I work for a major public fashion retailer, however, and know that they can get this info pretty damn easily. I figured posting here and sufu would be my second best bet in terms of access to lot of people with relevant knowledge. Any designers that make boots similar to those? I found Varvatos is the closest..

Originally Posted by the_pole
your best bet would be to email the people from gilt and ask what boots those are

Captain Winky

Reaction score
How do you size washed Dior Homme jeans vs. raw? Looking at a dark washed pair but not quite sure whether to size differently than I'd size the raws.

stevenvg

Reaction score
has SuFu been down for a really long time or is it my computer?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sufu works on my comp

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads