Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Hello, my dad is going to Tokyo soon and I was wandering if anyone knows where he can get a Hare M65 and if anyone knows other good pieces (Mostly Tops/Outerwear) he can get over there? Thanks.

2. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

has SuFu been down for a really long time or is it my computer?

I had the same exact problem for a while when I was living at my old address in Los Angeles. None of my browsers would load SuFu.

But whenever I tried it in San Diego or in San Jose, it worked just fine.

It's probably your ISP.

3. max_r

max_r Senior member

asos is a legit store, but their own line of clothing is really shitty quality.

thanks, i'll avoid the asos branded stuff then.

4. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

damn 4th time posting the same questions sounds boring so ill rephrase ....anyone know how supergas run ....if you can compare them to clark db's or vans or jp's thatd be great.

5. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I know this has been asked, but what site do you guys use to view old runway shows? I know of GQ.com ([​IMG]), but they don't have older Dior Homme shows, which is what I'm looking for ATM.

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I usually buy my boots a size larger so I can wear them with thick socks and insoles, but while the arch and toe usually fit fine, sometimes the heel is a little lose, especially with thinner socks.. is it a bad for my feet if the heel slips a little bit? Do those "heel grippers" work at all? Should I stick to buying my size?

7. manofstyle

manofstyle Senior member

8. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

This is a minor repost from the Alden thread; it's not really Alden-specific, but it involves an issue with a pair of Indy Boots:

I have a pair of 403s -- Chromexcel Indy Boots -- and am having a bizarre problem with the tongue on the left boot.

The problem is this: about 60 seconds after walking around in the boot, the tongue falls to the left down into the small space between the left side of my foot and the side of the boot. I can pull the tongue back up, but it will fall back down after another 1 to 3 minutes of walking. Sometimes if I've been sitting for a while it will slip down on its own.

The right shoe doesn't have this problem at all, and bizarrely enough the tongue on the right shoe looks very, very well worn in unlike the one on the left (these boots are about a month old), which has some but not a lot of signs of wear. I'm hoping that this is something that goes away with age, but the issue here is that this slippage problem is preventing the tongue from breaking in in a way that might prevent this in the future. (Also, thickness of socks does not affect this problem; the burliest of wool socks or the thinnest of dress socks don't affect this one way or another.)

So... any ideas? I had thought about putting a tongue pad on the bottom of the tongue facing my foot, but am looking for something less invasive/less permanent. Is there some kind of Chromexcel-friendly adhesive I could use that would be removable and wouldn't damage the leather? It'd have to stick to some fairly oily leather...

Thanks in advance, everyone!

9. Spoondrift

Spoondrift Member

Where can I get a tie like the one in several of the pictures here? vv Check the 4th and 5th pictures.

10. Boddington

Boddington Well-Known Member

^^the website you linked to does not feature any ties, so I can't be of any service to you

What company makes saddle shoes with red brick soles that run wide? Tried Opening Ceremony when I was in NYC, and they were far too narrow.
    I wear about a size 11.5-12

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I usually buy my boots a size larger so I can wear them with thick socks and insoles, but while the arch and toe usually fit fine, sometimes the heel is a little lose, especially with thinner socks.. is it a bad for my feet if the heel slips a little bit? Do those "heel grippers" work at all? Should I stick to buying my size?
    In the long run it can be bad for the lining of the shoes (rubbing=wear), but I don't think your feet will be damaged more than blisters and the like.
    This is a minor repost from the Alden thread; it's not really Alden-specific, but it involves an issue with a pair of Indy Boots: I have a pair of 403s -- Chromexcel Indy Boots -- and am having a bizarre problem with the tongue on the left boot. The problem is this: about 60 seconds after walking around in the boot, the tongue falls to the left down into the small space between the left side of my foot and the side of the boot. I can pull the tongue back up, but it will fall back down after another 1 to 3 minutes of walking. Sometimes if I've been sitting for a while it will slip down on its own. The right shoe doesn't have this problem at all, and bizarrely enough the tongue on the right shoe looks very, very well worn in unlike the one on the left (these boots are about a month old), which has some but not a lot of signs of wear. I'm hoping that this is something that goes away with age, but the issue here is that this slippage problem is preventing the tongue from breaking in in a way that might prevent this in the future. (Also, thickness of socks does not affect this problem; the burliest of wool socks or the thinnest of dress socks don't affect this one way or another.) So... any ideas? I had thought about putting a tongue pad on the bottom of the tongue facing my foot, but am looking for something less invasive/less permanent. Is there some kind of Chromexcel-friendly adhesive I could use that would be removable and wouldn't damage the leather? It'd have to stick to some fairly oily leather... Thanks in advance, everyone!
    It's a semi-common problem, search the Alden thread for information and possible fixes
    ^^the website you linked to does not feature any ties, so I can't be of any service to you What company makes saddle shoes with red brick soles that run wide? Tried Opening Ceremony when I was in NYC, and they were far too narrow. I wear about a size 11.5-12
    Doesn't Alden make some? I remember Kiya posting some a while back but don't remember the manufacturer

12. RAM1988

RAM1988 Well-Known Member

This is a minor repost from the Alden thread; it's not really Alden-specific, but it involves an issue with a pair of Indy Boots:

I have a pair of 403s -- Chromexcel Indy Boots -- and am having a bizarre problem with the tongue on the left boot.

The problem is this: about 60 seconds after walking around in the boot, the tongue falls to the left down into the small space between the left side of my foot and the side of the boot. I can pull the tongue back up, but it will fall back down after another 1 to 3 minutes of walking. Sometimes if I've been sitting for a while it will slip down on its own.

The right shoe doesn't have this problem at all, and bizarrely enough the tongue on the right shoe looks very, very well worn in unlike the one on the left (these boots are about a month old), which has some but not a lot of signs of wear. I'm hoping that this is something that goes away with age, but the issue here is that this slippage problem is preventing the tongue from breaking in in a way that might prevent this in the future. (Also, thickness of socks does not affect this problem; the burliest of wool socks or the thinnest of dress socks don't affect this one way or another.)

So... any ideas? I had thought about putting a tongue pad on the bottom of the tongue facing my foot, but am looking for something less invasive/less permanent. Is there some kind of Chromexcel-friendly adhesive I could use that would be removable and wouldn't damage the leather? It'd have to stick to some fairly oily leather...

Thanks in advance, everyone!

wow, I have same problem exactly with a pair of old school energie high top combat sneaker boots. As you said, the right tongue wore in nicely and stays erect while the left guy limps and falls to the left of laces.. i figured it had simply to do with age and how the laces were arranged originally..

13. raptorrapture

raptorrapture Senior member

Thinking of buying APC jeans since I heard great things about them. Normally I wear a size 30x30 in jeans (Lucky Brand, Levis, etc...). What size should I get? 32x32?

Thanks!

14. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Thinking of buying APC jeans since I heard great things about them. Normally I wear a size 30x30 in jeans (Lucky Brand, Levis, etc...). What size should I get? 32x32?

Thanks!

Which model of APC's?

New Cure: 28
    New Standard: 28
    Rescue: 27

15. raptorrapture

raptorrapture Senior member

Which model of APC's?

Dunno really. I'm kinda a newbie to this whole "shrink fit" trend. Out of the 3: New Cure, New Standard, or Rescue found at Tobi: http://www.tobi.com/men/home/shop-by-brand/3-a-p-c

Which ones tend to give the best fit?