• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing Slim Fit Trousers by Epaulet

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd consider the olive-black houndstooth.

I don't remember seeing it with the original Walt run, but do you make size 29?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, this has been a huge help!
Originally Posted by ahjota
I don't remember seeing it with the original Walt run, but do you make size 29?
No, the only odd size in our matrix is 33. When we worked with our patterns, we found that it wasn't really necessary. With the medium rise and the way that the fabric drapes, going one inch up will still fit very well. We've sold a ton of trousers here in the shop, and I haven't had anyone get caught between sizes. The 33 customers could just as easily have taken a 34.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
No, the only odd size in our matrix is 33. When we worked with our patterns, we found that it wasn't really necessary. With the medium rise and the way that the fabric drapes, going one inch up will still fit very well. We've sold a ton of trousers here in the shop, and I haven't had anyone get caught between sizes. The 33 customers could just as easily have taken a 34.

OK. I was just curious. I finally got the time to take my flannel pair in for hemming, and I realized that I didn't need to have it taken in at the waist, either. So all's good.
smile.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
OK. I was just curious. I finally got the time to take my flannel pair in for hemming, and I realized that I didn't need to have it taken in at the waist, either. So all's good.
smile.gif

Absolutely! I should have detailed all this on the first page. Since we made EP's in single inch sizes, quite a few people have asked the same questions about the trousers. The rise and the drape makes the fit a lot easier and more conforming than raw denim. Really glad to hear that the flannels are good. I'm wearing mine today.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
is there a restock coming on the black flannel? i need a size 30
Yup, we have a full restock of Charcoal Flannel, Tan Moleskin, Navy Moleskin, and Black Moleskin coming at the end of the month. I'll put you down for a 30 Flannel. Thanks Pierce!

Doctor

Reaction score
I could see myself in ALL those fabrics. AWESOME! Tatersall and windowpane especially.

I see in the pics that these trousers seem to have a decent hem on them. How far could I take them down if I were to let it out all the way and put in a false hem?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike, you aren't making it easy for me to rebuild my checking account in 2010.

Those fabrics coupled with the more casual-than-dress styling of the trousers would make most of these perfect for coupling with shirting like blank tees. It'd be an easy way to keep a basic look while still wearing something out of the ordinary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads