• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet Suiting Project: Washable Donegal Tweed & Espresso Hopsack

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Styleform Victory Suiting.jpg

Hey guys! We have a great preorder project happening, and I wanted to share it with all of you.

Our Washable Donegal Tweed Suiting Separates Project

Our Espresso Hopsack Suiting Separates Project

Wilhelm Chinos in Washable Donegal Tweed & Espresso Hopsack

A few months ago, I came across two really exceptional fabrics. They're a perfect weight for casual Fall/Winter pieces, and were really well priced. I made up some samples and I was really impressed with how they made up. I'll go into more detail below, but here's a quick overview:

1) We're offering a casual sportcoat (the Sinclair) and two fits of casual pants (the Rivet Chino & the Wilhelm Chino) for preorder.

2) The available fabrics are 3 colors of Washable Donegal Tweed (Pewter, Sienna, & Rose) and one color of cotton-blend Hopsack (Espresso)

3) You can order any size in our jackets (US chest 34 to 48) and any size in our chinos (28 to 40).

4) The sportcoat is casual and fits a wide range of physiques comfortably. The chinos offer two fits: slim athletic with the Rivet Chino, and more room in the thighs and seat with the Wilhelm Chino.

5) Preorder pricing is 20% to 30% cheaper than our MSRP. We also tend to stock only middle sizing and one or two colors, so preorders are a great way to get exactly what you need.

6) Everything is made from start to finish in Los Angeles. I'll personally oversee every aspect of our production.

7) The pricing is GREAT. Washable Donegal is $225 for the jacket and $175 for the pant. Espresso Hopsack is $185 for the jacket and $135 for the pant.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Victory Suit Leader.jpg

Okay, let's start with the Washable Donegal Tweed!

Woven in Canada, this is one of the best Donegals that I've ever encountered. It's a classic "outdoorsmen blend" of 85% wool and 15% nylon. It weighs in at 14oz, so it's warm and sturdy for the Fall/Winter, but not too hot to comfortably wear indoors.

But outside of these basic stats, it has three exceptional attributes:

1) It's totally machine washable, which is exceptionally rare for a tweed like this. Just wash in cold water on the delicate cycle and hang dry.

2) Its compact weave minimizes flyway fibers. So it's smooth and comfortable, and doesn't have the itchiness that can be noticeable with a traditional tweed.

3) Three versatile and handsome colorways are available. I secured this cloth for a great price. This is a tremendous value for a very rare fabric.

Victory Donegal Preview.jpg

Victory Suit Editorial1.jpg

Victory Suit Cuff.jpg

Victory Pant Rear.jpg

Victory Pant Detail.jpg

Victory Jacket Editorial.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Essex Twill with Text.jpg

And now the Espresso Hopsack!

The second I saw this fabric, I knew that it would make for a perfect casual suit. The official name is "Essex Hopsack," and it's a comfortable blend of cotton, wool, and Tencel.

The weight is 9oz, so it's wearable year round. These three fibers work nicely together.. the cotton is breathable, the wool gives it structure and drape, and the Tencel offers a soft hand and a smooth top finish.

The color is a really handsome espresso brown. This is often one of our best selling tones in custom suiting, so I knew it would make up wonderfully in this casual set.

The suit works great as a 2-piece, but this items also stand alone perfectly as separates. The jacket is easy to match to grey, navy, olive, and khaki pants. The chinos will underpin nearly any jacket that you want to pair with them.

It's fully machine washable and I secured this cloth for a great price. This is a tremendous value for a very rare fabric.

Panama Jacket Editorial.jpg

Essex Twill Square.jpg

Essex Pant Detail.jpg
Essex Pant outdoor detail.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads