• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing Slim Fit Trousers by Epaulet

Johnny5

Reaction score
How will moleskin pants age? I work in an office environment and often have to meet up with external customers, just want to make sure that it ages in a dressy kinda way

jpo

Reaction score
Very interested in the trousers, the cut looks amazing. I have a 36 waist but ver skinny legs, so it's always been a challenge. I have, no kidding, like $29 pants from h&m because they are the best fit I can find!

I'd like to suggest, since Epaulet is dishing out shirts, trousers, shoes, sc; how about doing some outfit pics? I'm always looking for new ideas to break out of my usual color/combo routines. Like those new trouser limited fabrics above look cool, but I have no idea what to do with a couple of them. I'd love to see some ideas.

Lastly, which shirt is this, it's a great cut and nice shade of pink:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2759/...9b714f34_b.jpg

keep on keepin on, your stuff just keeps getting better.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
I see in the pics that these trousers seem to have a decent hem on them. How far could I take them down if I were to let it out all the way and put in a false hem?

Right now, they're hemmed at 34", but you could let them out to a plain bottom 35.5"

Originally Posted by APK
Mike, you aren't making it easy for me to rebuild my checking account in 2010. Those fabrics coupled with the more casual-than-dress styling of the trousers would make most of these perfect for coupling with shirting like blank tees. It'd be an easy way to keep a basic look while still wearing something out of the ordinary.

Definitely - those red cords or camel tattersalls will light people's asses on fire with a white tee and some chukka's or white bucks.

Originally Posted by blynch
restock of grey wool trousers to have pull tabs instead of belt loops by chance?

We're definitely considering it, but we won't be able to swing it for this delivery. We were out of stock for so long that we needed to re-up as fast as possible. I definitely want to offer it some way this year. I'd love to do a trouser with buttons for braces too.

Originally Posted by Johnny5
How will moleskin pants age? I work in an office environment and often have to meet up with external customers, just want to make sure that it ages in a dressy kinda way

Moleskin is a heavyweight corduroy without the cords. Like corduroy, stress points of the pants (thighs, back of the knees, cuffs) will get worn smooth with age. However, this isn't going to happen for quite a while - especially as these are dry clean only. You can expect that they'll look work-presentable for a long time. One of our best store customers works at Goldman Sachs and wears his moleskins a few times a week. So they're definitely corporate friendly.

Originally Posted by jpo
Very interested in the trousers, the cut looks amazing. I have a 36 waist but ver skinny legs, so it's always been a challenge. I have, no kidding, like $29 pants from h&m because they are the best fit I can find!

I'd like to suggest, since Epaulet is dishing out shirts, trousers, shoes, sc; how about doing some outfit pics? I'm always looking for new ideas to break out of my usual color/combo routines. Like those new trouser limited fabrics above look cool, but I have no idea what to do with a couple of them. I'd love to see some ideas.

Lastly, which shirt is this, it's a great cut and nice shade of pink:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2759/...9b714f34_b.jpg

keep on keepin on, your stuff just keeps getting better.

Thank you sir. I absolutely understand the H&M scenario. The fact that I had to keep tossing my money away on J.Crew wool trousers inspired us to create these. It's difficult to find well-fitted, quality pants that don't cost a small fortune - which is mostly why we sold the first run so freaking fast.

Our fit model for the Walt trouser has very thin legs, and these have a nice tailored - but not skin tight - fit on him. I think they would work well for you, and we've definitely got 36's on hand if you ever want to try them.

Good idea on the outfit pics! Our photog. schedule is a little tight, but we can definitely rock some Photoshop montages to show pieces coordinating together. We'll definitely do that once we start receiving Spring merchandise for real. Thanks for the tip!

And the pink shirt is the model's own. We'll definitely rock something like that for the Spring. For the moment, I've got a Lavender Pinpoint oxford being sewn which is going to be seriously banging.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks again for your feedback everyone. So, for the deadstock fabrics, we're rolling with everything but the olive houndstooth. So we'll have:

Red Cord
Camel Tattersall
Black Windowpane
Donegal Tweed

Put the order in today. Should get them around Feb 15th. Can't wait!

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike talks about upcoming pants in the Epaulet affiliate thread:

Originally Posted by Epaulet
Alongside a few specialties like Blue linen chambray (oh my god) and Bordeaux cotton and seersucker, we're going to run three basics:

1. Italian Gabardine: This is an all-season cotton trouser. Really beautiful light khaki fabric. It will be a great piece with the ease of a chino but a little more dressed up with the Walt shape. Guaranteed that it will be once of the nicest feeling cotton trousers that you've ever met. We'll get these mid-Feb.

2. Dark Grey Tropical Wool: Great lightweight wool to wear from the early Spring to Fall. You can pull these off in the summer too without schvitzing to death. Coming mid-March.

3. Navy Poplin: really lightweight and soft cotton pant. You can roll up the cuffs and wear it on the beach. Poplin tends to wrinkle easily, so it will be a great casual piece.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now, another question. Are the spring- and summer-weight pants also going to be dry clean only? I'm thinking specifically the navy poplin.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Now, another question. Are the spring- and summer-weight pants also going to be dry clean only? I'm thinking specifically the navy poplin.

Very good question - I was asking the same thing this week. The idea of a casual poplin summer pant is kind of negated if they're dry-clean only. Same thing for the Chambray.

The workshop can do it - they have a fully sealed waistband design that can be machine washed. The only variable is how much the poplin shrinks. We'll probably relax the pattern a bit and then have all the pants washed (i.e. wash them ourselves in Dr. Bronners, hang dry them, and steam them out). That way, everyone can buy them in their real size and all the shrinkage is done. It's possible that you'll have to size up or down on this particular model, but we'll have everything measured and we'll advise how they relate to the dry-clean items.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just got my tan moleskins back from the tailor and they're perfect. One of the few pants I've every bought that fit me in the seat with no tailoring.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had emailed you guys but haven't received a response back yet. I remember that you said that you could do size 38 pants special order. can you still do this?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering, there are some restocks in a few of the fabrics, particularly the tan moleskins in size 30. Woo.

Now where in the world are the fit pics for those that posted and purchased? C'mon and help a thread and members on the fence out!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
In case anyone was wondering, there are some restocks in a few of the fabrics, particularly the tan moleskins in size 30. Woo.

Now where in the world are the fit pics for those that posted and purchased? C'mon and help a thread and members on the fence out!

Thanks Anthony - let me know what you think. And yes, we love fit pics too!

daft

Reaction score
Do these trousers have any fabric to let out? I'm ideally a size 31, thinking about getting the 30 and tailoring them.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And just a quick note - we're restocked both Tan and Navy Walt moleskins, and brought in a brand-new Black moleskin. Check 'em out below.

And I just got off the phone with my pants guy. Our next batch is shipping tomorrow, and we'll get it on Tuesday. It's going to be the deadstock Walt's (Red Cord, Grey Donnegal, Black Windopane, Tan Tattersall), Rudy Moleskins, Rudy Charcoal Flannel, and both the Walt and Rudy in tan Italian Gabardine cotton. Good stuff my friends.

Walt%20Navy%20Moleskin%20Fold_lo.jpg

Walt Navy Moleskin: $165

Walt%20Tan%20Moleskin%20Fold_lo.jpg

Walt Tan Moleskin: $165

Walt%20Black%20Moleskin%20folded.jpg

Walt Black Moleskin: $165

Walt%20Charcoal%20Flannel%20Main_lo.jpg

Walt Charcoal Flannel: $185

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my charcoal flannels today, and I'd borrowed a camera for the week for a project. Here you go.
epaulet-charflannel-2.jpg
epaulet-charflannel-1.jpg
Size 30. For non-low-rise trous like these I take a 29, so they're a *little* loose in the top block. But I'm fine with that. I had them cuffed, but I'm not sure if I want to keep them that way. No other alterations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads