• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing Slim Fit Trousers by Epaulet

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am seriously contemplating the red cords. I need to decide between cords or chinos.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about the fit of the red cords. Will they fit like the wool charcoal flannels, slighty slimmer than the moleskins? Or slightly less slim like the moleskins?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
I was thinking about the fit of the red cords. Will they fit like the wool charcoal flannels, slighty slimmer than the moleskins? Or slightly less slim like the moleskins?

I'd say that all the new fabrics will fit like the charcoal flannel. The Moleskin was so thick that it's a bit of an anomaly.

For the Italian Gabardine cotton fabric, we'll have that in both the Walt and the Rudy fit. The specialty deadstock fabrics will only be made into Walts.

And holy ****, I can't wait to see the red cords. Anxiously waiting for Tuesday to arrive!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
Only one more day until the new Walt trousers!

That's right! Once I have the new trousers in hand I'll be e-mail everyone who reserved a pair. Can't wait for these.

Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
Hey Mike,

Could you tell me what the difference is between the Walt and Rudy fit? I looked around, but I couldn't find the info.

Sure thing - the Walt is an old-school 60's style slim fit with a medium rise. the Rudy fit has a similar waist and rise but offers more room in the seat and thighs - and a bit more in the calf.

It's designed for two things:

1. Guys with muscular legs who need more room in their trousers but still want a slim tailored fit. If you find jeans like the APC New Standard, N&F Weird Guy, KMW 2010 to be too tight, then this is probably the cut for you. If you're really into Crossfit, olympic lifting, or a TON of bicycling, then this will be your dream trouser.

2. Guys with thinner legs who want a slightly looser pant for comfort or a more classic fit.

We'll have a few Rudy pants to choose from, and I'll post a full suite of measurements for them. It's still not a loose pant by any means, and is WAY more tailored than most things that you'll find at Brooks Bros, Jos. A. Bank, even J.Crew. I haven't seen a trouser on the market at all that's cut like it. I havent' been able to put it online because it sold so quickly in the past two deliveries. But we've got good stock for this week's update, and a lot more planned in the future.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting on the Rudys. If I can make some sales then I'll definitely get a pair!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Mike-
When will the new trousers be available to view online?

Originally Posted by robertorex
Waiting on the Rudys. If I can make some sales then I'll definitely get a pair!

Originally Posted by jaydc7
Mike, looking forward to the Rudy trouser, it sounds perfect.

Just got them in!

Holy god, the Walt deadstock trousers are even better than I had hoped. I'm going to shoot pics tomorrow and work to get them online ASAP.

And we've got three four Rudy's to choose from: Italian Gabardine Cotton, Tan Moleskin, Navy Moleskin and Charcoal Wool Flannel. Going online as well!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry, couldn't wait - here's a grainy-ass cell phone shot:

4383549184_a9d46376e6.jpg

SEE LARGER

It's shrouded in shadow, but the black windopane is so dope. It's almost illegally old-school.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no red rudys??? might try a red one :O

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads