Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Introducing Slim Fit Trousers by Epaulet

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys,

In the last year and a half, we've put out a lot of products. Out of everything that we've made, I'm most proud of these pants.

I've always bemoaned the lack of quality trousers in the market at an affordable price. A level of construction and fabric above J.Crew & mass-market brands, but without the $300 price tag. Back in the days I was a buyer at Saks Fifth Avenue, and part of my job was to purchase their private label products for saks.com. I always loved the look and feel of their classic mens trousers, but the fit was enormous. So with that in mind, we set out this Spring to make what was missing - an ass-kicking and perfect-fitting slim pant with true old school construction.

We received these pants last Friday. Since then, I've sold 20 pairs - all here in my tiny Brooklyn shop. I've seen these fit wonderfully on a whole range of guys, and several customers told me that they were the best fitting trousers they've ever worn. Believe me, if you dig the style of these, you'll LOVE the fit. It's slim enough that it doesn't hang off skinny guys, and it's not too slim for guys with some muscle on their legs. If you can wear jeans like the KMW Rocker, KMW 2010, and APC New Standard, then these should be right on. We have a whole suite of measurements on the product detail page. And since every pant has a split waistband, you can tailor the waist and seat perfectly to your body.

Each pair is hand-assembled in New York City at a dedicated trouser house. They're more dressy than most of the pants discussed on here, but once you own them, you'll find more than enough occasions to break them out. Descriptions, measurements, and huge photos are available via our shop links. Hopefully you'll love them as much as we do! So without any further adieu:

Walt Slim Fit Pant Charcoal Wool Flannel: $185

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Walt Slim Fit Pant Navy Moleskin: $165

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Walt Slim Fit Pant Tan Moleskin: $165

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

Damn. The fit on those looks great! Those tan ones are hott.

Edit: I see you didn't run the waist lining in one piece across the back so they could be let out more easily. Brilliant.

3. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

I'm sad. I wish I didn't have a size 38 waist

4. cicero79

cicero79 Senior member

Absolutely top notch stuff Mike. They look like just the right fit. Hopefully i'll be able to get a pair before they run out. Will you be releasing dark color fabrics for the Spring as well? I'll be in D.C. starting April to Sept so I was hoping to stop by the shop and try some of your things in store in NY.

5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

6. dusty

dusty Senior member

Those look good.

7. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

What are the fabric weights?

8. CarbonatedTsoda

CarbonatedTsoda Senior member

funny that you mention j.crew because they remind me a lot of their wool pants...maybe its the relatively high rise and similar top block?

9. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

Are these dry clean only or machine wash?

10. jaac

jaac Senior member

Please tell me your gonna run these for a while?

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yes +1

12. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

We'll definitely restock Tan Moleskin at least once and I'll work to keep Charcoal flannel in stock until late Spring.

13. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

Usually moleskin is either/or; wool should be dry clean.

14. guyferguson

guyferguson Affiliate vendor

These look awesome Mike. Assuming there are some left in the new year, i would love to pick up a pair of the wool flannel.

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Absolutely top notch stuff Mike. They look like just the right fit. Hopefully i'll be able to get a pair before they run out. Will you be releasing dark color fabrics for the Spring as well? I'll be in D.C. starting April to Sept so I was hoping to stop by the shop and try some of your things in store in NY.

Yup, we'll have plenty of options for the Spring. Putting together the collection soon.

What are the fabric weights?

Good question, I'll ask our guy. The moleskin is pretty thick. I'd say that the flannel is medium weight - as far as Italian wool flannel goes.

funny that you mention j.crew because they remind me a lot of their wool pants...maybe its the relatively high rise and similar top block?

It was on my mind because I bought a pair there last year. I feel that I paid around $135 or so. The fit was okay, but never quite worked in the waist. After wearing them a bit and dry cleaning them a few times, they looked worn and lost their shape somewhat. It was really frustrating, and was a big reason why we wanted to create this trouser line. Really good pants were either ill-fitting or out of my price range. Usually both. So we made our own.

And the medium rise has been a HUGE selling point in-store. Low rises work good for jeans and "fashion" pants. But many of my customers - and me too - find them frustrating. Especially if you're working and have a shirt tucked in. This medium rise looks good - and pretty mod with the tab closure - and is very comfortable to wear. The danger of ass-flashing people when you bend over has been effectively reduced to zero.

Dry Clean only. Moleskin itself is washable, but these trousers have a lot of waistband construction which would get a beating in the machine. Dry clean these, wear them well, and they'll last you.

yes +1

Yup. Just put in a reorder for Tan Moleskin today. Should come around the 2nd week of January. I'll keep charcoal flannel in stock too. And we'll add in some new single-run fabrics too - just like the shirts.