• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

dawit

Reaction score
I'm looking for a nice classic raw jeans to go with a shirt and some brouges. Im quite tierd of my nudies and APC's.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How are Cheap Monday jeans? I did some poking around these boards with a search and it seems they get a mixed reaction. I found a pair online that should fit me, are 100% cotton and are raw black denim. $28 is the asking price, reg $70. I'm sure they are not the BEST quality, but that seems a great price to me, right?

Edit: Also how to they run in length? Are they fairly true to size? I usually need a 36" inseam for my jeans, but I do own a couple pairs that are 34" and fit because they ran long. The ones I found are 34" inseam.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TotesMcGotes
I can't decide between the A.P.C. New Standards or the Naked and Famous WeirdGuy Indigo Selvedge. Any help?

Have you considered some of the other sub-$200 brands out there? 3sixteen, Dunderdon, that new EP line from Epaulet, Simon Miller, Tellason?

Originally Posted by dawit
I'm looking for a nice classic raw jeans to go with a shirt and some brouges. Im quite tierd of my nudies and APC's.

Can you elaborate some on what cut you're looking for, and what denim characteristics you want? (i.e. slim cut vs. looser vintage repro cuts/ fast fading stf, slubby, smooth, really dark, etc)

It sounds like you want a slightly dressier pair, maybe?

Originally Posted by KitAkira
"extreme sale" means Somets and JS are out of the question

Yeah, saw that after the fact. 'Tis true.

Originally Posted by brstyle
hey, it's still appreciated

I'll keep my eyes peeled.

DaveB

Reaction score
So I bought my first pair of raw jeans about two weeks ago. I have been breaking them in, being careful not not to get any salt or snow on them since I live in Rochester NY. Unfortuantly last night I got really sick and vomitted. A small amount of this got on my jeans near the bottom. What is the best way to get rid of the smell stain while causing minimal dye loss because I want to maintain the darkness of my jeans as long as possibile. Dry clean? Inside out soak? Thanks

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Have you considered some of the other sub-$200 brands out there? 3sixteen, Dunderdon, that new EP line from Epaulet, Simon Miller, Tellason?

Don't forget Albam UK. If you're going to buy APC you might as well get albam.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DaveB
So I bought my first pair of raw jeans about two weeks ago. I have been breaking them in, being careful not not to get any salt or snow on them since I live in Rochester NY. Unfortuantly last night I got really sick and vomitted. A small amount of this got on my jeans near the bottom. What is the best way to get rid of the smell stain while causing minimal dye loss because I want to maintain the darkness of my jeans as long as possibile. Dry clean? Inside out soak? Thanks

wash them you freak

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinion on the fit?

Somet 003 by the way...

33v2cg7.jpg

29b22bm.jpg

dawit

Reaction score
Can you elaborate some on what cut you're looking for, and what denim characteristics you want? (i.e. slim cut vs. looser vintage repro cuts/ fast fading stf, slubby, smooth, really dark, etc)

It sounds like you want a slightly dressier pair, maybe?
Dunno, really. Some nice pair of jeans slim/straight cut.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
wash them you freak

You know I have to: A) 3 B) 6 C) 10+

Originally Posted by Mistral
Opinion on the fit?

Somet 003 by the way...

******* awesome.

Originally Posted by dawit
Dunno, really. Some nice pair of jeans slim/straight cut.

Take some time and browse the selections at Blue in Green, Self Edge and Context. All have some sweet offerings. Slims are generally described as such. Determine now if you're willing to venture into unsanforized (shrink-to-fit) territory yet.

Originally Posted by Ibrock
Looking for opinions on fit

Those look pretty good.
Those won't shrink much, but a hot soak and hang-dry (or even machine-dry) should cure some of the slightly large fit issues. Hot soak is always recommended to prime the denim and get them to their proper fit. You may see the slight looseness resolved. They will stretch though.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

user7

Reaction score
So I've never had a real problems with jeans bleeding (Dior's, PBJ, APC, 7FAM, IH, Levi's, Dry Bones, etc.).

However, I just bought a pair of Flat Head BSP's, hot soaked and dried, and they are ******* staining everything!

If I touch them my hands turn blue. If I sit down on my bed for a few minute the sheets turn blue. I'm afraid to wear these!

Does this stop? Will another soak/dry help? Is this just the deal with these?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads