Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. dawit

dawit Senior Member

I'm looking for a nice classic raw jeans to go with a shirt and some brouges. Im quite tierd of my nudies and APC's.

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    How are Cheap Monday jeans? I did some poking around these boards with a search and it seems they get a mixed reaction. I found a pair online that should fit me, are 100% cotton and are raw black denim. $28 is the asking price, reg $70. I'm sure they are not the BEST quality, but that seems a great price to me, right?

Edit: Also how to they run in length? Are they fairly true to size? I usually need a 36" inseam for my jeans, but I do own a couple pairs that are 34" and fit because they ran long. The ones I found are 34" inseam.

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

This was just asked last week somewhere I think: Somet, Jean Shop (Rocker and Skinny), even jCrew has some. http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28 www.worldjeanshop.com http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/MensBrowse/Men_Shop_By_Category/denimandcord/vintageslim/PRDOVR~12220/12220.jsp http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/MensBrowse/Men_Shop_By_Category/denimandcord/vintageslim/PRDOVR~93117/93117.jsp
    "extreme sale" means Somets and JS are out of the question

4. brstyle

brstyle Member

hey, it's still appreciated

5. mlyngard

mlyngard Distinguished Member

I can't decide between the A.P.C. New Standards or the Naked and Famous WeirdGuy Indigo Selvedge. Any help?

Have you considered some of the other sub-$200 brands out there? 3sixteen, Dunderdon, that new EP line from Epaulet, Simon Miller, Tellason?

I'm looking for a nice classic raw jeans to go with a shirt and some brouges. Im quite tierd of my nudies and APC's.

Can you elaborate some on what cut you're looking for, and what denim characteristics you want? (i.e. slim cut vs. looser vintage repro cuts/ fast fading stf, slubby, smooth, really dark, etc)

It sounds like you want a slightly dressier pair, maybe?

Yeah, saw that after the fact. 'Tis true.

hey, it's still appreciated

I'll keep my eyes peeled.

6. DaveB

DaveB Senior Member

So I bought my first pair of raw jeans about two weeks ago. I have been breaking them in, being careful not not to get any salt or snow on them since I live in Rochester NY. Unfortuantly last night I got really sick and vomitted. A small amount of this got on my jeans near the bottom. What is the best way to get rid of the smell stain while causing minimal dye loss because I want to maintain the darkness of my jeans as long as possibile. Dry clean? Inside out soak? Thanks

7. theom-

theom- Distinguished Member

Have you considered some of the other sub-$200 brands out there? 3sixteen, Dunderdon, that new EP line from Epaulet, Simon Miller, Tellason?

Don't forget Albam UK. If you're going to buy APC you might as well get albam.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Nudie
    Tight long john

i know this is from a few pages ago but lol @ being surprised these are tight and stretchy

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

So I bought my first pair of raw jeans about two weeks ago. I have been breaking them in, being careful not not to get any salt or snow on them since I live in Rochester NY. Unfortuantly last night I got really sick and vomitted. A small amount of this got on my jeans near the bottom. What is the best way to get rid of the smell stain while causing minimal dye loss because I want to maintain the darkness of my jeans as long as possibile. Dry clean? Inside out soak? Thanks

wash them you freak

10. Mistral

Mistral Distinguished Member

Opinion on the fit?

Somet 003 by the way...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. dawit

dawit Senior Member

Dunno, really. Some nice pair of jeans slim/straight cut.

12. Ibrock

Ibrock Senior Member

Looking for opinions on fit, N&F deep indigo selvedge from a boxing day sale.

I bought them unsized down (32 waist) because they didn't have any 31's so does anybody know how much these guys stretch?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. mlyngard

mlyngard Distinguished Member

wash them you freak

You know I have to: A) 3 B) 6 C) 10+

Opinion on the fit?

Somet 003 by the way...

Fucking awesome.

Dunno, really. Some nice pair of jeans slim/straight cut.

Take some time and browse the selections at Blue in Green, Self Edge and Context. All have some sweet offerings. Slims are generally described as such. Determine now if you're willing to venture into unsanforized (shrink-to-fit) territory yet.

Looking for opinions on fit

Those look pretty good.
    Those won't shrink much, but a hot soak and hang-dry (or even machine-dry) should cure some of the slightly large fit issues. Hot soak is always recommended to prime the denim and get them to their proper fit. You may see the slight looseness resolved. They will stretch though.

14. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    wash them you freak

+1

15. user7

user7 Senior Member

So I've never had a real problems with jeans bleeding (Dior's, PBJ, APC, 7FAM, IH, Levi's, Dry Bones, etc.).

However, I just bought a pair of Flat Head BSP's, hot soaked and dried, and they are fucking staining everything!

If I touch them my hands turn blue. If I sit down on my bed for a few minute the sheets turn blue. I'm afraid to wear these!

Does this stop? Will another soak/dry help? Is this just the deal with these?