I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. splattered

splattered Senior member

if you've got horrible bacteria colonies growing in your jeans because you wear them commando...

hygiene.. your doing it wrong

Well of course not... but considering the length of time you're supposed to go without washing/soaking them. Cmon.

2. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Well of course not... but considering the length of time you're supposed to go without washing/soaking them. Cmon.

Fuuuuck. A buddy had hernia surgery. Wouldn't wish that on my enemy, especially when I saw him basically pushing his intestines back between his stomach muscles.

Did going commando make it worse, or were undies just protection for the sutures? Or is 'hernia' just a cover term for the 'enlargement' surgery you're clearly alluding to?

As for bacteria, I def. soak/wash often enough (me 'n' the jeans) and I don't particularly sweat/smell. Plus, rotating and hanging the pants helps. But I've had enough painful experiences with jeans to tread cautiously when new...

Actually, commando is trickier in the summer with lighter weight trousers. I'm not sure I want polite company being able to read the 'Made in Philadelphia' tattoo on me. Least not all at once...

3. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Please recommend a jeans with a fit like a APC NS 33 waist pre stretch with better denim and construction. Preferable under 200 USD. No N & F. My experience with N & F is pretty poor.

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

You aren't going to see any huge quality increases with that small of a price increase, look into 250-350 for the higher quality jeans

5. warlok1965

warlok1965 Senior member

Recommendation for good denim with a cut similar to new standards, but slightly more relaxed in the thigh and tapered in the lower leg? The reddish undertones of my new standards are kind of annoying me lately.

6. splattered

splattered Senior member

Yesterday was the first day i actually wore my APC NS to work, i havent even put them on in a couple weeks and it felt like they shrunk a bit just sitting in my closet... blargh. Everytime i sat down that center seam cut into my junk and gave me male camel toe, it sucked ass. Not fun. Not fun at all.

I feel like i should buy a cod piece or something to protect the goods when i wear jeans this tight/slim haha

7. sweetfancymoses

sweetfancymoses New Member

Yesterday was the first day i actually wore my APC NS to work, i havent even put them on in a couple weeks and it felt like they shrunk a bit just sitting in my closet... blargh. Everytime i sat down that center seam cut into my junk and gave me male camel toe, it sucked ass. Not fun. Not fun at all.

I feel like i should buy a cod piece or something to protect the goods when i wear jeans this tight/slim haha

This is my problem too. Help, y'all. Embarrassing but true: I've been lurking this forum for a while and finally joined today expressly to ask: APC New Cures, size 27, just bought last week and starting to loosen up: http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l...2-24at1145.jpg Exactly how obscene is the crotch on these? Should I size up to 28s? I wouldn't ask if I weren't absolutely in love with them from the thigh down.

8. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

This is my problem too.

Help, y'all. Embarrassing but true: I've been lurking this forum for a while and finally joined today expressly to ask:

APC New Cures, size 27, just bought last week and starting to loosen up:
    http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l...2-24at1145.jpg

Exactly how obscene is the crotch on these? Should I size up to 28s? I wouldn't ask if I weren't absolutely in love with them from the thigh down.

Don't exchange... APC stretch like hell. You'll be at a moment that you think, I've should have downsized more.

9. connor

connor Senior member

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

thats some serious cockage.
    Good thing I didn't look.

11. sweetfancymoses

sweetfancymoses New Member

Don't exchange... APC stretch like hell. You'll be at a moment that you think, I've should have downsized more.

That's what I'm afraid of"”does the entire seat loosen up as they stretch? Or will the crotch bulge get worse over time?

12. FourFemur

FourFemur Member

This is my problem too.

Help, y'all. Embarrassing but true: I've been lurking this forum for a while and finally joined today expressly to ask:

Exactly how obscene is the crotch on these? Should I size up to 28s? I wouldn't ask if I weren't absolutely in love with them from the thigh down.

Honestly, those look fine, amazing actually *
    if someones looking that intently on your crotch, then the problem in this case is theirs, not yours
    maybe wear slightly tighter underwear (works for me!)

13. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

So.. I was able to try on the Flathead 3001 and 1001.

But why is it that the FH-1001 size 28 fits just right
    while the FH-3001 size 28 is a bit tight around the crotch? (but still can be zipped up)?

Also, the salesman at Take5 told me I should go with FH-3001 size 29 but, the ass doesn't look right to me because it looks kind of baggy.

What size should I go with on the FH-3001? 28? or perhaps the rise/cut isn't right for me?

14. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Please recommend a jeans with a fit like a APC NS 33 waist pre stretch with better denim and construction. Preferable under 200 USD. No N & F. My experience with N & F is pretty poor.

Agree with Kit's assessment completely. Look to spend at least 250 before you see a real jump in quality and a more sophisticated cut.

That said, some comparable jeans I've tried on or seem to be excellent crossover and in that price range: Jeans by Dunderdon, Tellason, Simon Miller, and those new EP ones from (was it Epaulet?). 3Sixteen seem to look pretty decent, but haven't handled them either.

Otherwise, look at Skull 5507, offerings from PBJ, maybe Warehouse 660s. At the next level, Somets, Momotaro 0701.

Recommendation for good denim with a cut similar to new standards, but slightly more relaxed in the thigh and tapered in the lower leg? The reddish undertones of my new standards are kind of annoying me lately.

Yeah, I hunted forever for that, since I like taper but not an overall super-slim fit. A few questions: What's yer pricepoint, how low of a rise can you tolerate, and do you want stf or sanforized? See my recs above. Keep us posted, bro.

Good thing I didn't look.
    [​IMG]

15. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

This is my problem too.

Wow, you have the start of an amazing fit there, man. Really, especially knowing the stretch these will get. Those look great.

Problem: you're wearing those too high. APC, because of the way they fit new (and the downsizing required) want to ride high. I had the identical problem.

Solution: you need to start sagging these (pushing them down on your hips more). That rise isn't that low.

There are two ways to do it:

First you can just make an effort to push your waist down with your hands in your pockets, or you can soak the waist only and stretch them some other way. It'll take longer if you don't soak the waist, but they'll stretch anyhow, and will only stretch a certain amount. Might was well make yourself comfy now, right?

Try this:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=151033