• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think GS has a UK6.5-UK7 Ricards in black for sale and it is already toppied with a rubber sole. Do a quick search in the B&S forum to see if it is still available.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I think GS has a UK6.5-UK7 Ricards in black for sale and it is already toppied with a rubber sole. Do a quick search in the B&S forum to see if it is still available.

You talking about Get Smart? I just searched all threads started by him and showed up nothing.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mostly just wear the Ricards as a dress boot. Being a workboot, the W+H boots have thicker leather and seems like they would hold up longer to daily wear. The W+H boots also work better with jeans imo. However the Ricards look better with any pants with narrow leg openings (and less so the larger the opening.) Basically, these two styles are diametrically opposed.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
You talking about Get Smart? I just searched all threads started by him and showed up nothing.

Yes, Get Smart, try PMing him. Good luck.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
yea I have a black Ricard with rubber vibram sole but I decided to keep it since it does have its place in certain fits, tho I normally dont wear black boots

spreadcollar

Reaction score
Christmas and 2nd/3rd week of July.
Originally Posted by unicornwarrior
Hey, probably not the right place to ask but...

when are the usual times the paul smith website has sales? I'm aware they have some at the end of the season and most things go about 50% off, no? Are there any during thanksgiving, christmas, etc?

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me how the ricards fit? 'long and narrow' is what i have found on search.
i have the york in a 9 and they are fine so would ricard be the same?
just to confuse things, i tried on bihars the other day and i was definitely an 8.5

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
can anyone tell me how the ricards fit? 'long and narrow' is what i have found on search.
i have the york in a 9 and they are fine so would ricard be the same?
just to confuse things, i tried on bihars the other day and i was definitely an 8.5

I wear UK10 Ricard, UK9.5 York, and UK9 Bihar.
YMMV.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got the PS Borelli, pretty nice shoe. Suede is a bit more distressed that expected but it's very nice nonetheless.
ps_n_r10.jpg

ps_bor10.jpg

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ I wish I could have stopped by, I read that size UK8 had the most selection, which is my size.

Originally Posted by PaulYAY
Does anyone own the Bud Boots? I'm looking for a size comparison (to Ricards?) or sole measurement. I'm looking at these in particular,

http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop...dye-bud-boots/

http://www.barneys.com/Bud/500149679,default,pd.html

They only sell in whole sizes at Bureau and Barneys. Has anyone seen these elsewhere? TIA

That is quite new, I haven't seen those in person yet. I was never a fan of the RW-esque sole though.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know how the achilles fit? i am a 9 in york and 8.5 in bihar... could i get a 9 in achille?

im noticing a lot of ps shoes coming up on the second hand market because people have got the wrong size. hopefully i can benefit!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads