• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I wear 9.5UK in Achilles and York. 9UK in Bihar.
YMMV

aon

Reaction score
Been lurking for a while. My first post. Dark Brown Paul Smith Collection.

DSC02771.jpg

DSC02767.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ Nice pick-up. I do not see many shoes from the PS Collection. I'd feel bad stepping on those soles though, so purty!

Also, the bud boots are already on sale at Barneys.com, along with the Thunders and brown Rollins.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^like those

Did not know about brown Rollins. I may wait for something to show up on B&S after someone inevitably buys the wrong size.

aon

Reaction score
Which is the higher end line of ps shoes? the ps british collection or the ps collection. i noticed these brouges from the ps collection is more expensive than the pair of british collection i saw in HK. Do you guys know who makes the italian made shoes for PS? Thanks
smile.gif

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hit the Barney's sale today and picked up the grey Nash ($379). I'm kind of surprised RFX hasn't picked up a pair yet.
Tried on the red suede Achilles but they didn't have my size plus they are perhaps a bit too elf bootish.
They had the Bud boots in black but they're kind of blah plus they have that objectionable Red Ear stamp on the heel. There were also a few pairs of PS sneakers on sale.

Grey Nash. (Damn, missed that loose thread.)
greynash.jpg

Comparison of dip dye grey Nash versus bleach dye Assams.
greynashassam.jpg

Barney's didn't have much of interest to me on sale beyond PS shoes. Rag & Bone was on sale but didn't see anything. SA said that RRL goes on sale either the 27th or 3rd.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aon
Which is the higher end line of ps shoes? the ps british collection or the ps collection. i noticed these brouges from the ps collection is more expensive than the pair of british collection i saw in HK. Do you guys know who makes the italian made shoes for PS? Thanks
smile.gif

To my knowledge there are only 3 lines of the high end stuffs Triumph x Paul Smith (also, Red Ear) and PS by Paul Smith and Paul Smith (mainline) Also, they have a really cool Balenciaga shirt that looks like oil cloth. Too bad it's brown, I prefer happy colors or shades for shirts EDIT: ^To the Seattle people about Barneys

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
See now those Nash's are grey. Nice pick-up Zippy, they didn't have the grey Ricards?
I'll try and make it to Barneys this weekend and hopefully that Barneys has a decent PS shoe selection on sale.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Hit the Barney's sale today and picked up the grey Nash ($379). I'm kind of surprised RFX hasn't picked up a pair yet.

The grey Nash look good.

Noob question, do you wear a brown or black belt with these shoes? I am also looking at a pair of purple/blue shoes and can't decide what color belt to wear with those either.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No Ricards at all. I don't think Nordstroms ordered any PS this season either, I haven't seen any the few times I've gone recently

EDIT: To the above, I think both could work with the shade of gray of the Nash but black might be a better choice (and black would work with blue as well)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, the only new PS shoe the Nordstrom in my area has are the brown Bihars, then again they were never had much selections to begin with. If there are no grey Ricards, grey Nash's it is then for me.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Seattle Barney's only had grey Nash, red Achilles, black Buds and some sneakers.
I seem to recall seeing brown suede Corsos a while ago but not tonight.
No sign of any Ricards.

I didn't see any PS at Nordstroms tonight although I wasn't looking very hard.
Lately they've only had a few styles.

I don't think I've ever conciously attempted to match my shoes and belt ever in my life.

Heading of to Las Vegas this weekend. Hoping for some grey Ricards at the Barney's there.
BTW, I read that a Paul Smith store is opening in the City Center there.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
To my knowledge there are only 3 lines of the high end stuffs

Triumph x Paul Smith (also, Red Ear)
and
PS by Paul Smith
and
Paul Smith (mainline)

No, the "high end" is the Collection line, which used to be called British Collection because the shoes were made by Joseph Cheaney UK, but I don't believe they are anymore and the shoes are Italian made for "Collection", these are priced about $200 higher than mainline shoes.

Back in the "good ol days" Paul Smith had shoes made by Crockett Jones and Trickers, it's too bad he isnt doing shoes made by British shoemakers since his pedigree is him being "True Brit" and all that.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Are those only sold in-store then? EG > Tricker's
lol8[1].gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Are those only sold in-store then? EG > Tricker's
lol8[1].gif

I've seen British Collection brogues on their website a couple years back. But the biggest selection will be in-store

I'd rather wear Trickers than EG
fight[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads