• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown...yeah I was having hard time too. Man I really love those Rollin. I shoulda kop it
frown.gif
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
Brown Corso or Grey? Always wanted the Brown, but no store carries them.

grover627

Reaction score
Is your grey Assams and brown starrs in these 2 colors? http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/paul-smit...roductId=17342
http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/paul-smit...productId=8255
ThX

Seems it is a difference between the official website and yours. I want to the color in official website more.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by zippyh
My grey Assams and oxblood Bihars showed up today. I have a theory as to why I had to submit the importer of record form in every previous PS UK order and didn't for this order. I looked at the old paperwork and noticed that PS UK spelled my name wrong on their customs form. This latest order the paperwork was fillled out by a different person who managed to spell my name correctly.

Grey Assams and oxblood Bihars.
I'm happy to report that the grey Assam actually is grey although in lower light they may appear brownish.
biharassam.jpg

Assams are very similar to the Miller. The medallion is slightly different. They fit pretty much the same. That's a UK10 in both.
assamvmiller.jpg

Bihar sole.
biharsole.jpg

Bihar versus Ricard. That's a UK10 Ricard and UK9 Bihar.
biharvricardi.jpg

splattered

Reaction score
Ok the Bihars are nice but i'm still likin the Ricard better... man i hope i can find a 6/6.5UK somewhere for a decent price
confused.gif

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

did the ricards ever come in a dark brown suede? The ones at the Gravity Pope are nice but the color is a little lighter than what I was looking for. I'm wondering if the color in the picture is just off?

10883_0_2_700.jpg

grover627

Reaction score

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The PS site's pictures are off, there is only one grey for the Assam and one sigaro for the Starrs. Zippy's pictures are much more reliable than PS's

grover627

Reaction score
Thanks. But I really love the color of gery Assams show in his web which is more dye and pale. showing more contrast of the shoes.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grover627
Thanks. But I really love the color of gery Assams show in his web which is more dye and pale. showing more contrast of the shoes.

The grey Assams are actually grey and are not the color they appear to be on the PS site.
I think the colors in my pics are reasonably accurate.

The brown (sigaro) Starr pics on the PS site are fairly accurate too.

Also, the finish on the Assams is different. They're "bleached" versus "dip dye". The bleaching results in a more polished finish versus the semi-matte finish of the dip dye. I think a bleached sigaro finish would look pretty good but the grey Assams are definitely grey and not brown.

JonB27

Reaction score
I got the Ox blood Bihars, after seeing the pics up there i'm going to order the browns as well... I actually like them more than the Ricards.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Has anyone seen the Pinkerton oakwood suede in real life? What's the distressing like? Great colour of suede and style but I'm unsure about the distressing.
53283_500_x_667.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Hey guys,

Has anyone seen the Pinkerton oakwood suede in real life? What's the distressing like? Great colour of suede and style but I'm unsure about the distressing.

53283_500_x_667.jpg

They look pretty much the same as the Yorks I posted pictures of a few days ago only with the buckle. I think I actually prefer the look of the Pinkertons though you do lose the red elastic of the Yorks.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
The Bihars actually retails for $575 based on what Barneys are selling them for, it would have been $630 with Cali Tax + $61 custom = $691. So you actually saved close to $230.

Zippy, since your didn't get held at customs, do you think you'll get hit with the customs charge? Mine was held but only for a day because I called right away and didn't need any paperworks signed to get cleared.

Got the dreaded bill from fedex today.
$88.65 total for the Bihars and Assams.
Shoes were assessed at 8.5% or $58.65.
The rest is a bunch of random fees.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, that is harsh!
frown.gif

Hobbs

Reaction score
Still unsure about what size to go for in the Bihars. I take a UK8 in Starrs - should I drop down a full size in the Bihars?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads