Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Feb 20, 2008.

1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Where can you buy Rollins and Red Cages at the moment...on sale if poss? Does the Cage come a full size down like Starrs?

Red Rollins were from a year ago and seemed to only be available from UK PS site.
    Red Cages were from this Spring and were available at Barney's and Gimme Shoes.
    Haven't seen them since.

2. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

FWIW, I have a pair of Red Cages listed in B&S. What's your size?

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Those cordo Ricards you have are so beautiful, and in my size too! So completely unnecessary in my life right now though, BUT THE GREEN SOLES! [​IMG]

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

OUCH! Just received the $62 customs fee for the Bihars.

5. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

I haven't received mine but figure it's coming :/

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

If anyone's interested, I found a few pairs of Millers in tan suede discounted pretty low. I'd be willing to proxy and it'd come out to be ~$240+shipping (which is still a deal seeing as how they retailed at $440 USD and the new one's from PS online are $320 [with the rubber soles [​IMG]]). Sizes: 8 [2], 9 [2], 9.5, 10 (all sizes UK, didn't ask but the possibility exists of more sizes in the back, could go check tomorrow) They also had a single pair of Rabbits in red suede, sz 12, which I would be able to proxy at $155+shipping (original price $250, not sure if PS dropped the price or what but the one's on their site are $143, no red suede though) Disclaimer: Some of the soles have writing on them with what looks like silver sharpie, if it is then it should come out with a bit of rubbing alcohol if that's problematic with you. Also, shipping only to US and CAN please. PM if interested

7. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

8. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

9. muffinman

muffinman Senior member

I received my bihars. I sized down 1 full size from my starrs as people were saying here. They are a bit too tight, wish I had gone down only half a size. Just a heads up for you guys considering them. If anyone wants to trade a uk 6 for a uk 6.5 let me know.

10. jayce030

jayce030 Senior member

Yup got my $61.00 customs bill from Fedex today... [​IMG]

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Don't you just love it when you open the mailbox and see this thick envelope from FedEx? I just sent in my payment yesterday, they really should let you pay online though, I think FedEx is the only payment I make by mailing in a check, all my other bills are either online or through the bank.

I received my bihars. I sized down 1 full size from my starrs as people were saying here. They are a bit too tight, wish I had gone down only half a size. Just a heads up for you guys considering them. If anyone wants to trade a uk 6 for a uk 6.5 let me know.

I think it might still stretch a bit after break in so it might just mold to your foot after a wear or two.

12. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

So now that I ordered the Bihars I keep looking at the dark brown suede corso's (its always something)... Should I order the same size as Rollins in the corso's?

13. l8p2

l8p2 Well-Known Member

Hi, I have a corso boot in UK 8. It fits me pretty well. I am normally 9.5D~10D in other shoes. I am interested in Pablo. What's its fit relative to corso? Thx.

14. DTJ

DTJ Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I was just browsing to find the answer to a sizing question. I have the Cage in a size 8 and was wondering what size of the achille to get. I heard they run big but I didn't know in relation to what. Anyone with experience beyond zippy's earlier post?

Thanks in advance!

Also, does anyone know if they have subtle distressing or too much distressing?? I know it seems a dumb question, but sometimes those suede treatments are a bit overdone imo..

15. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

So all of this sizing advice is YMMV. Don't blame me if you get the wrong size. THis is all based on my feet.

So now that I ordered the Bihars I keep looking at the dark brown suede corso's (its always something)... Should I order the same size as Rollins in the corso's?

Rollins have a pretty generous fit much like the Corso. I'd get the same size.

Hi, I have a corso boot in UK 8. It fits me pretty well. I am normally 9.5D~10D in other shoes. I am interested in Pablo. What's its fit relative to corso? Thx.

Pablo fits smaller than Corso. I'd go 1/2 size UP.

Hey guys, I was just browsing to find the answer to a sizing question. I have the Cage in a size 8 and was wondering what size of the achille to get. I heard they run big but I didn't know in relation to what. Anyone with experience beyond zippy's earlier post?

Thanks in advance!

Also, does anyone know if they have subtle distressing or too much distressing?? I know it seems a dumb question, but sometimes those suede treatments are a bit overdone imo..

I sized down 1/2 size in the Achille compared to the Cage.

Amount of distressing I think varies by color. I've got dark brown ones and the distressing isn't very apparent. I saw the green and red ones at Barney's and the distressing is even less apparent.