• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!)

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just have to say H&M should be mediocre not bad... it's just under $100 a suit.

All others lumped in bad have a shittier cut and are way more expensive.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
I just have to say H&M should be mediocre not bad... it's just under $100 a suit.

All others lumped in bad have a shittier cut and are way more expensive.

Why not fix it?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Bijan makes the best suits. Period. Everybody else is a late-to-the-party fussy imitator.
This thread can be locked
devil.gif

All stylish mean drive pumpkin Rollers.
teacha.gif
devil.gif

East Oakland

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cognacad
I think to not take price into consideration would cause problems as it would resemble a list sorting the most expensive suits (mostly) at the top and the cheapest (mostly) at the bottom.
Huh? You seem to suggest that there is a direct correlation between price and quality. If this were so, why would we even need the list? I could just look at the price tag an immediately ascertain how well the suit is made. If price/value were being taken into account on this list, there is no way brands making $7,000 RTW suits should be listed at the top (not a good value compared to bespoke) nor should H&M be at the very bottom (do people really expect a fully canvassed suit for $250). Accordingly, I don't think the list you have now really takes price/value into account at all. Lists like this are generally only useful when you are trying to decide whether to buy a particular item and you are comparing it to similarly priced items to see where those items compare in terms of quality. If items get bumped up and down for price, how does one ever know whether an item is getting dinged because of perceived poor quality or high price?

Cognacad

Reaction score
I was thinking of ignoring price completely, but I was really worried about the throng that would oppose the idea of not holding price into consideration.

This is a group thing, if people really don't want price taken into consideration then we can do that. Either list would be useful to me. The problem is that lets say I want to buy a suit and I look at a list that is not holding price into consideration because suit A is just as good as suit B. I buy suit A but turns out they are severely over priced and didn't want to look up the price of each suit in the list because it is quite long.

We could have retail price in brackets maybe next to the quality list that does not hold price into account.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unsurprisingly, the small timers on here have left out - Caraceni, Smalto, Cifonelli, De Luca
devil.gif

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
All stylish mean drive pumpkin Rollers.
teacha.gif
devil.gif

You got a problem with pumpkin Rollers ?
devil.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I make RLPL. Do you have a problem with that?
So ... uhhhh ... how did Horny the Owl go over at Quaker school?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Samuelsohn on the same level as Brioni? This project has lost all credibility. To kill it beyond dead, someone just needs to put Baroni at the top. It's like Brioni, but worth more AndyPoints.

Also, I'm not sure how one can rate Kiton or Oxxford as comparable to Despos. The workmanship doesn't come close. It would probably make the most sense to exclude bespoke from consideration altogether.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Invoking The Bijan always ends the thread.
Does he actually make anything? Money is not a suitable answer.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
It would probably make the most sense to exclude bespoke from consideration altogether.
Well, my participation is -- for all practical purposes -- precluded.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
now i now why i never venture into MC

I rank my birthday suit #1, with Neo #2, but neck and neck with kunky.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads