• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
It's surprisingly decent for the price. Surprisingly.

~ H

+1. Certainly high on my list of California values, added points for being a Pinot Noir.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for Huntsman or anyone who may know: I was at a rather cool bar in Osaka and the bartender used a bottled sugar syrup that was from somewhere in Eastern Europe, maybe Czech or Hungary or Poland to make a very good lime gimlet. I took a quick glance at the bottle but wasn't able to get a good look at it. Ring any bells?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It's surprisingly decent for the price. Surprisingly. Pio should buy some and render Pinot judgment.

~ H

I'll look for a bottle Saturday, as a local wine shop is having a 30% off sale. Thanks for the tip guys.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I'll look for a bottle Saturday, as a local wine shop is having a 30% off sale. Thanks for the tip guys.

nice, that's a hefty discount for a wine store. On some bottles you'll likely pay less than what the actual store paid for it.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Question for Huntsman or anyone who may know: I was at a rather cool bar in Osaka and the bartender used a bottled sugar syrup that was from somewhere in Eastern Europe, maybe Czech or Hungary or Poland to make a very good lime gimlet. I took a quick glance at the bottle but wasn't able to get a good look at it. Ring any bells?
I thought a gimlet was 1/2 gin and 1/2 lime juice? I've never heard of a recipe with simple syrup in it before. Could it have been Rose's Lime Juice Cordial?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I thought a gimlet was 1/2 gin and 1/2 lime juice? I've never heard of a recipe with simple syrup in it before. Could it have been Rose's Lime Juice Cordial?

It was definitely simple syrup. Now that you mention it, it might have been used for a different cocktail we had that night.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Mmm, nice night. Wife made some nice orange roughy, so paired that with 08 Merry Edwards SB. Those that have had her SB (Kyle) can vouch for what a nice pairing that is.

Since dinner, had a Rusty Nail with Cragganmore Distiller's and proper Peychaud's bitters.

Now I'm on to Vineyard's End signature margaritas.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ardbeg Ten
Clan Denny Vatted Islay Malt

Whilst smoking a Montecristo #2 watching the sunset

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
If it's sugar syrup I don't really expect its anything special. But sugar syrup was not always sugar syrup, it used to be made with gum arabic to inhibit crystalization, but gum gives it a very different texture that you may have enjoyed. That is called Gomme Syrup. Try searching with that -- you may not find your Eastern European variety, but I think Fee Bros makes some. (they're good people and I would trust their product).
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Pio, it's like $10, so don't hope for too much, here. But I would be interested in your opinion all the same. I don't drink enough Pinot, and in fact not a great deal of wine as I've been on this cocktail kick for some. I was asked, today, why that was. My reply: "A cocktail is a one night stand. A bottle of wine is a commitment." This was meant to devalue neither.
Originally Posted by gomestar
Hendrick's G+T. While watching Top Gear. Lazy Friday.
+1 and +1.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
+1 and +1.
to Top Gear or lazy Friday? It's raining like a mother out in NYC, and I'm not in a mood to entertain people. edit: I've moved on to a tumbler of ice and Luksosowa vodka.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
to Top Gear or lazy Friday? It's raining like a mother out in NYC, and I'm not in a mood to entertain people. edit: I've moved on to a tumbler of ice and Luksosowa vodka.
Well it was for TopGear, which is like the best show ever, but considering how much I'd enjoy a lazy Friday, we'll put it down to endorse that also!

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Well it was for TopGear, which is like the best show ever, but considering how much I'd enjoy a lazy Friday, we'll put it down to endorse that also!

cheers! I'm all over the top gear channel on youtube tonight, and now I really want a Carrera GT.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Hendricks martini.

Good choice
smile.gif
I am currently drining a Hendricks G+T

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads