• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum Centralia Knitting Mills Varsity Jackets--order closed

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the SF color combo...dark cardinal with dark gray sleeves? or cardinal with dark gray sleeves?

I can barely see the dark cardinal with the swatches.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, can we get buttons instead of snaps? Anyway to change your mind about the pocket reinforcements? I don't care about the breast pocket, but everything about the jacket below is pretty much perfect.
skm-le-st-nvc_1.jpg

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Also, can we get buttons instead of snaps? Anyway to change your mind about the pocket reinforcements? I don't care about the breast pocket, but everything about the jacket below is pretty much perfect.

skm-le-st-nvc_1.jpg

yeah i really like this jacket but i would stick with the snaps over the buttons. i guess i am still going with the SF color scheme. now trying to figure out if i am a size small or XS ...

i think it is dark cardinal with grey sleeves. but the lighting of that swatch may be why. not sure someone else will have to confirm abotu that

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bump so people can take advantage of this. Are people getting confirmation emails?
confused.gif
Are there enough orders?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Bump so people can take advantage of this. Are people getting confirmation emails?
confused.gif
Are there enough orders?

We do NOT yet have 6 orders, including me. I know some people are trying to get cash together and or holding off to decide, but I recommed getting your order in sooner than later.

Issues to follow up on for a few people:

1. Buttons instead of snaps--not on this buy. Sorry!
2. Sleeve measurements, AFAIK, are from the shoulder. Shoulders are a little amorphous on a raglan jacket, but basically (shoulder to shoulder measurement/2) + sleeve should be a bit longer than the shirt sleeve length you take.
3. Warmth--these are wool/leather jackets and I assume they will be comfortable in fall in the northeast (daily highs in the 40s). They're not winter coats.
4. Options for lining color--don't think so. Black.
5. Feathered stripes--you pick all three colors--background, primary stripe, feather stripe.
6. Pantone colors--working on it--just haven't had the catalog and Pantone thing in the same place at the same time.
7. Better swatch photos--sorry if this is holding a lot of people back--I took photos in natural light but with my crappy photography + camera they don't really look any better than what Nathan did--I think I'm going to break down and go to Kinkos for color scans of the catalog.

Get on board!

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't think color scans are going to be any better, maybe worse.

Your best bet would be to borrow an SLR and reshoot in natural light.

dave

Reaction score
I'm 99% on mine. I'm just waffling as to whether I'm a L or an XL.
going cardinal and cream.
inlove.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I obviously won't be buying one now, but I really do want you guys to get together and make these SF/CKM jackets happen, since it's been talked about for a long time and shoreman has done a LOT of humpwork getting them together for no benefit but anyone else's....

The colors are just just typical varsity/sports team colors, what is so hard about that? It's really not hard to imagine, I'd think...

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I obviously won't be buying one now, but I really do want you guys to get together and make these SF/CKM jackets happen, since it's been talked about for a long time and shoreman has done a LOT of humpwork getting them together for no benefit but anyone else's....

The colors are just just typical varsity/sports team colors, what is so hard about that? It's really not hard to imagine, I'd think...

inlove.gif

chanimal

Reaction score
i'm in, i just havent had a chance to do my order. hopefully this weekend, anychance you guys know the extra shipping to canada?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want one, just hard to decide on the color with so many options! Have to see if sizing would work for me as well.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ You'll be waiting a long time unless there are 6 orders. What's the total? C'mon guys - it takes maybe 5 minutes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads