• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet Patchwork Sashiko Jacket Pre-Order Project

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Our Sashiko work jackets have proven to be really popular with the Styleforum crowd and we're offering two very cool hand-stitched patchwork variants via preorder. You can save 20% off of the retail price by ordering before December 11th with the code:

sashiko20

I'll check this thread daily, so feel free to ask any questions and I'll respond personally. I work to keep it regularly updated with new content too. Later in the week, we'll feature both of these items as a Styleforum charity auction for the Ronald McDonald House.

Patchwork_Sashiko_Item_Leader_2048x.jpg

The Sashiko Doyle has quickly arisen to become the most popular and defining product of our Los Angeles-made collection. May we introduce our newest iteration: two gorgeous color tones with distinctive handsewn panels. Each piece is designed individually, and no two are alike. We're absolutely thrilled to offer this elevated level of craftsmanship! Two colors are available, and approximately 70 units can be made in each color.

The patches are all cut by hand, then placed and stitched individually by one our most skilled sewers. The swatches themselves are a mix of chambray, corduroy and twills. The jackets are then dipped into a reactive pigment dye of either Sienna or Marine. The different patches have varying levels of dye absorption, revealing a beautiful variance for each garment. With wear and use, your Doyle will show fading and aging in its own unique and distinct way.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you request more patches as an option?

@el Bert ah sorry, at least not for this specific project. We have to cut and process these as a large batch (over 120 pcs), so it's difficult to control for small customizations. And I want to offer a return policy so that first time customers are comfortable trying it... would be problematic a jacket with a lot more patches was produced and returned. Each jacket is going to be distinct, but they'll have about the amount of patches shown in the photos.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Hey Mike, when will you be offering the next batch of regular Doyles? Would you be wiling to mix in some solids with this order?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Mike, when will you be offering the next batch of regular Doyles? Would you be wiling to mix in some solids with this order?

@NorthCoast we always have to dye everything as a batch, but if you dig either of these colors, we can absolutely do it for you without patches. Just paste this note into the box at checkout:

NO PATCHWORK, NO PATCHWORK

We've sold quite a few of them without patches so far, especially the Sienna colorway

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
Man I was gonna save money but this sienna jacket is calling to me. They're fully refundable if it turns out I go bankrupt between now and the delivery?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Man I was gonna save money but this sienna jacket is calling to me. They're fully refundable if it turns out I go bankrupt between now and the delivery?

@TheloniusDrunk lol, this is how we do! You're going to love it, we've gotten more excellent feedback on the Sashiko Doyle than on any other garment we've ever made. And we've been at this for over 10 years.

And yes, you can cancel and get a full refund anytime between today and 14 days after the jacket is in your hands.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
@TheloniusDrunk lol, this is how we do! You're going to love it, we've gotten more excellent feedback on the Sashiko Doyle than on any other garment we've ever made. And we've been at this for over 10 years.

And yes, you can cancel and get a full refund anytime between today and 14 days after the jacket is in your hands.

You did it. Just copped. A little confused about shipping because it says to expect it to ship early Feb but later it also says the preorder will be open until 3/19?

Furthermore, my main concern is the length of the jacket in the sleeves and especially the body length. I'm 6'5" so I have a longer torso, is there any way to get it made slightly longer or are the jacket cuts already set?

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How much do you expect these to bleed? I have white seats in one of my cars...

NorthCoast

Reaction score
IN on NO PATCHWORK Sienna.

Looking forward to it, such a nice color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads