• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This Sunday, our street is hosting a huge Bastille Day celebration. If you're in NYC, then definitely think about stopping by - it's an awesome time. There's drinks, food, live music, crazy events, a cheese-eating contest, and more. Plus, you can stop by the store and holler at us! Just take the "F" train to Bergen Street in Brooklyn. Here's the info:

Smith Street, Bastille Day Street Fair, July 12, noon to 10 pm
Bar Tabac hosts an annual Bastille Day celebration that includes a serious petanque tournament at Smith and Dean. They shut down the street and set up a sandy petanque court, serve brunch and French cocktails, with live music. "It's thousands of people enjoying the sun and drinking lots of Lillet and Pastis," says Bar Tabac manager, Apostolos Valleras. He confirmed that jazz band, The Baby Blue Orchids will be back this year, along with a latin-inspired, flamenco-style band.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just saw the post with the "woodblock" fabric. ****! That is awesome. I have some Japanese paper with a very similar pattern that I've kept for years. I think a shirt in that would be excellent. Can't wait to see it.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
I just saw the post with the "woodblock" fabric. ****! That is awesome. I have some Japanese paper with a very similar pattern that I've kept for years. I think a shirt in that would be excellent. Can't wait to see it.

Thanks man, I'm really excited for it too! Shouldn't be too much longer - about 7-10 days. I'll get the photos up with a quickness.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, it was cool running into you guys at the Alden shop today. I love that store.

And thanks for the text Teger - I'm glad that you dig the Chambray!

The NY Alden Shop has that INSANE white buck chukka boot - which is now officially haunting my dreams. My fiancee might kill me for having the same shoe in four colors, but I want it something terrible. We'll see how long my resistance holds up.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
haha yea vanna texted me very excited. I will definitely stop by epaulet the next time in NYC, and yes that white chukka is ******* amazing and I would buy it if I could pull it off (and had the $$)

skunkworks

Reaction score
I should've dropped by when I was in Brooklyn the other month -- who knows when I'll be back in NYC
frown.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Hey Mike, can we expect flannel shirts from you guys in the fall?

Originally Posted by bob_gnarly
+1^
would be very interested if you had some flannel shirts coming.

Absolutely, we've got a whole range of new fabrics coming in. I've got a few incredible flannels in there. We're working on a new point-collar shape for it now.

And ETA on the new Epaulet batch is about a week.

Cheers,
Mike

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Posted in B&S: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=128894 Hey everyone, I'm a bit overstocked on boat shoes, so I'm putting a few of them on clearance. These two are new for the Spring season, and are done in a soft pebble-grain leather. The colors are really vibrant. They're on the classic "A/O" last. They are $50 shipped in the US, which is about $15 - 30 cheaper than anywhere else. All of them are BNIB. As this is a price special, they are final sale. International shipping is available too at $20 to Canada, $25 to Europe, and $30 to Asia. These aren't on my website, so drop me a PM if you're interested. I can take payment via paypal or phone. Seasonal Boat Shoe Blue Sizes available: 9, 10, 10.5, 11
131750_1_alv.jpg
Seasonal Boat Shoe Brick Red (color looks awesome with chinos) Sizes available: 8, 9.5, 10, 11
3867_392_topsiderred.jpg
And here's a few large snapshots that I just took. It's overcast outside, so the colors are a bit darker than they'd look on a proper Summer day. But check out that texture! Blue Boat Shoe @ 1800px Red Boat Shoe @ 1800px

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe he said elsewhere the blue chambray is dropping on Tuesday.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 70gransport
Bump for curiosity when the new shirts come out.

Originally Posted by APK
I believe he said elsewhere the blue chambray is dropping on Tuesday.

We were hoping for Tuesday, but our new long-sleeves (blue chambray, red gingham, burgundy oxford) will be here next Friday. I'll have the short-sleeves on Tuesday. Sorry for the delay guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads