• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
slimguy_selvedgechino_02.jpg

We just received a ton of these and are offering them at the price of $145 shipped. They're awesome jeans. More pics and details here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...21#post2147921

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

I'm attending a couple of weddings at the end of the month, and was thinking about the glen plaid tie. It's 2.5" across like the other ties, right? What's What's the construction like? Is it a 6-fold or 7-fold tie?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Mike, I'm attending a couple of weddings at the end of the month, and was thinking about the glen plaid tie. It's 2.5" across, right? Is it a 6-fold or 7-fold tie? What's the construction like?
Hey there, The Glen Plaid tie is one of our consistent best sellers. The silk jacquard pattern is really intricate, and it looks great against a range of shirts. It's 2.5" at the widest point. It's not 6 or 7-fold construction. I don't know if there's a better term than "normal" construction, but that's what they are: the silk is in the front and sewn onto a synthetic backing. An interlining sits in the middle to give the tie weight. If you've ever held a Band of Outsiders or Steven Alan tie, then it's like those - we all make them at the same place in NYC. For my customers, it's all about the fabric and the slim profile.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey there,

The Glen Plaid tie is one of our consistent best sellers. The silk jacquard pattern is really intricate, and it looks great against a range of shirts.

It's 2.5" at the widest point. It's not 6 or 7-fold construction. I don't know if there's a better term than "normal" construction, but that's what they are: the silk is in the front and sewn onto a synthetic backing. An interlining sits in the middle to give the tie weight. If you've ever held a Band of Outsiders or Steven Alan tie, then it's like those - we all make them at the same place in NYC. For my customers, it's all about the fabric and the slim profile.

Thanks! Yeah, I've handled some BoO ties, so I think I've got a good idea. Construction's not a deal-breaker for me by any means. I was just curious, mostly because this is the first time I've considered buying a tie that was more than $15. =)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Thanks! Yeah, I've handled some BoO ties, so I think I've got a good idea. Construction's not a deal-breaker for me by any means. I was just curious, mostly because this is the first time I've considered buying a tie that was more than $15. =)

Believe me man, I've been there. When I had a job that required a tie every day, I pretty much bought them all at the thrift shop for ten bucks or less. I would pair them with sharkskin suits and walk into my Assistant Buyer job looking like a lost member of the rat pack.

I started the tie collection mostly to compliment the shirts, but they've been really well received in their own right. Way more than I ever expected. This one is particularly handsome, and I've been remaking it every 6 weeks. I think that you'll dig it.

harryc

Reaction score
So what's the plans for the candy stripe fabric?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harryc
So what's the plans for the candy stripe fabric?

We made that up into our Spread collar, French cuff model. I haven't had a chance to shoot it on figure yet, but here's a few quick shots. Our French cuffs go for $150 and include a vintage set of cufflinks. When you buy one, I send you a few cufflink options to choose from.

3621005414_0d93020a3f.jpg

3621005112_b9bc0d2634.jpg

View larger @ 1500px
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2456/...64257be8_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3381/...6e05b863_o.jpg

This fabric is beautiful - it's 100% Pima and comes from Manchester. The stripes are yarn-dyed and woven into the fabric. It reminds me of a lot of Paul Smith shirts that I've liked, but I could never get with their boxy fit or over-$250 pricing.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
got the S/S today.. wow! fits AMAZING. AMAZING! way better than a band S/S (although the sleeves could be slimmer, but *******, I'll roll em)

harryc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
We made that up into our Spread collar, French cuff model. I haven't had a chance to shoot it on figure yet, but here's a few quick shots. Our French cuffs go for $150 and include a vintage set of cufflinks. When you buy one, I send you a few cufflink options to choose from.

That looks gorgeous. Don't know what I'd wear it with though.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
After long last, a USPS box from Honolulu arrived yesterday. I'll lay out the pattern next week and plug this into our S/S buttondown shirt shape.
3621910497_cf62156611_o.jpg
100% fine-gauge Pima cotton shirting. Used to craft a slim-fit Aloha shirt. Oh my God, it's been keeping me awake just thinking about this. Should be finished by the first week of July.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^looking forward to that!

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any news on the aloha shirt, Mike?

EDIT: Also, is it going to have a straight hem like most aloha shirts or a curved hem like your S/S shirts?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your interest and sorry that I've been AWOL the past week - we've finally got everything in line for the new shirts. I expect to receive them before the end of the month.

Here's a rundown of everything that's coming in. These shirts will all have our signature Epaulet fit.

Short Sleeve / Button Down Collar / Plastic Tortoise Buttons

3699303654_9da66092de_m.jpg

Navy/White Aloha Print
This is a lightweight 100% Pima Cotton. It's awesome, and will make a slim-fit aloha that's got a bit more of a formal look than your typical Hawaiian shirt.

3698493287_06eacafd8c_m.jpg

Blue/White Woodblock Print
This one's a bit of a mystery. Our patternmaker moved offices, and found this in the corner. It was sealed in opaque plastic and marked with an address from Kyoto. It's 100% lightweight cotton, and I believe that it was intended for a "Yukata" - a Summertime kimono. I'm not totally sure how it's going to come out, but I've got high hopes that it's going to kick ass.

3699304286_61bba4b7f9_m.jpg

Red Stripe Seersucker
100% Pima cotton from Japan. From the same mill that supplied the Gingham seersucker for our Styleforum shirt

3698492829_30456dd311_m.jpg

Tartan Seersucker
A remake of our best-selling short sleeve to date. A nice light-middle weight that you could easily wear into the Fall.

Long Sleeve / Button Down Collar / Natural Trocas Shell Buttons

3698493479_65ac7c99ae_m.jpg

Light Blue "Sunwashed" Chambray
Same mill as our Styleforum collaboration shirt. This Chambray has a great medium weight that you can wear year-round.

3698493377_87ce07fd23_m.jpg

Red Gingham
100% Japanese Pima Cotton with a super-crisp feel and vibrant colors.

3699304210_dd1b2389f6_m.jpg

Burgundy Oxford Cloth
A very soft and fine-gauge oxford shirt. You won't believe how light and fine this feels. I see us doing a lot with this fabric in the future.

Long Sleeve / Spread Collar / Natural Trocas Shell Buttons

3698493639_98a94013c7_m.jpg

Blue/White Stripe
A nice classic dress shirt. 100% Pima cotton from the UK

3698493569_afd305447a_m.jpg

Burgundy/Navy Stripe
Another old-school style. 100% Pima cotton from the UK

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads