• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

giving prohormones a shot

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
taurine has helped the back pumps. up 6 lbs with no gain in fat or waist/hip size. got 7 solid reps of 465 on flat bench last night, 395 military press and 425 t-bar row. pumps are pretty insane

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
taurine has helped the back pumps. up 6 lbs with no gain in fat or waist/hip size. got 7 solid reps of 465 on flat bench last night, 395 military press and 425 t-bar row. pumps are pretty insane
Good god man. How long have you been lifting for?

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07

I have to say I'm surprised how strong you are considering how you look- this is no back-handed compliment, btw. A neighbor of mine told me he benched 480, but the dude looks it. He's maybe 5'11", but has got to weigh close to 250+ pounds, and would look like the incredible hulk busting out of his clothes if he tried to wear anything Rick. You are seriously svelte for someone with this kind of strength.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joe and kunk sitting in a tree...

peepwall[1].gif

KBW

Reaction score
kjlkjlk

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joe E Taleo
I have to say I'm surprised how strong you are considering how you look- this is no back-handed compliment, btw. A neighbor of mine told me he benched 480, but the dude looks it. He's maybe 5'11", but has got to weigh close to 250+ pounds, and would look like the incredible hulk busting out of his clothes if he tried to wear anything Rick. You are seriously svelte for someone with this kind of strength.
THIS...sorry kunk but you may be lifting 475 ounces or whatever...no way you are lifting that much. Not trying to be an ass but I'm working with our football team while in school and some of them are monsters and don't lift what you claim. again not trying to be an ass but the dude in the pic below couldn't bench 250 7 times.
th_photo_132_medium.jpg

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
THIS...sorry kunk but you may be lifting 475 ounces or whatever...no way you are lifting that much. Not trying to be an ass but I'm working with our football team while in school and some of them are monsters and don't lift what you claim.

again not trying to be an ass but the dude in the pic below couldn't bench 250 7 times.

th_photo_132_medium.jpg

and so it begins...

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Pro hormones are terrible for your body; much worse than proper usage of an anabolic steroid; and I have done both. If you plan to use enhancement AAs just go all out and get yourself a nice bulking stack with injections and stop being scared of the needle. You're doing worse for yourself now.

And M1T is one of the worst. I only mention it because some previous posters brought it up.

user-name

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
THIS...sorry kunk but you may be lifting 475 ounces or whatever...no way you are lifting that much. Not trying to be an ass but I'm working with our football team while in school and some of them are monsters and don't lift what you claim.

again not trying to be an ass but the dude in the pic below couldn't bench 250 7 times.

th_photo_132_medium.jpg

Forget bench, did you see the number for military press? I understand that size is not always proportional to strength, but the 395 military press is an absolute no way.

That's almost four 45lb plates PER SIDE, per shoulder.

Even on a smith machine that is highly doubtful.

In fact it is so impossible to do 8 plates (plus a bar) for shoulders, I'm inclined to think Kunk is just joking.

edit: as for the 250 7times, I hope you're joking, because that is entirely believable for someone two-thirds his size.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
I didn't even notice the post regarding your numbers OP... but 395 on the military press is an absolute impossibility. Not even remotely plausible. Professional strongmen cannot do a strict military press of 400lbs. Derek Poundstone can only hit a push press for 2 @ 400. Hell I can pull a 600 deadlift, 515 squat and 335 bench and I couldn't dream of such an OHP.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless you're competing, what the **** is the point of putting up big numbers like that? I love working out, but I'd rather not risk injury...

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
will post videos. you guys are right i am a waif. next time i train with victor martinez i will tell him how impossible a 395 military press is. for the record, i am 6'2 with very long arms and weigh 226 right now.
2009-07-05191438.jpg
2009-07-05191606.jpg
2009-07-05191813.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my cousin posts on here and has seen me do 225 30 times.

Originally Posted by KBW

th_photo_132_medium.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the ph are just the appetizer. i don;t like pins around cause of wife and kids but am also running deca and sustenon in very small amounts

Originally Posted by ZackyBoy
Pro hormones are terrible for your body; much worse than proper usage of an anabolic steroid; and I have done both. If you plan to use enhancement AAs just go all out and get yourself a nice bulking stack with injections and stop being scared of the needle. You're doing worse for yourself now.

And M1T is one of the worst. I only mention it because some previous posters brought it up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads