• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking advantage of a rare sunny and dry day. The iPod and keys in my pockets caused some mischief, it seems:
29axk60.jpg
2ptz8mg.jpg

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
This is how I roll.
Those boots look so good with the pants, wish I had a pair that color.

Originally Posted by jet
The roll is out of control.
rotflmao.gif

Originally Posted by barims
Taking advantage of a rare sunny and dry day.
that picture from the waist up looks great
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
img

not bad monsieur moo! The look does have a distinctly winter feel to it though and based on the texture/material of the wall on your porch there you live in a warm climate.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
not bad monsieur moo! The look does have a distinctly winter feel to it though and based on the texture/material of the wall on your porch there you live in a warm climate.
Thanks... while it can be warm where I live, it was in the high 50's, low 60's yesterday. Just how I like it.
smile.gif

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that picture from the waist up looks great
smile.gif

Ha, thanks. I like your shirt (which is code for "I'd wear that") and your outdoors shots are fun

I'm intrigued by Jet's sudden outbreak of rapping, though - both WAYWRN threads have gone hip hop simultaneously

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
Stazy- your fits are always solid, don't know if i've mentioned my fondness of them yet. I really like your shoes as well, great color contrast to the darker denim.
Thanks. I appreciate it.
Originally Posted by barims
I quite like the boots - good contrast to the rest
Thanks. I enjoy wearing greyscale with one colorful piece. I think it creates a nice effect.
Originally Posted by B1FF
I have a crush on Henry Rollins, too.
Who?
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Stazy appears to be getting his swell on.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Originally Posted by chronoaug
stazy- I think socal just found his new wallpaper
Originally Posted by Mazda
and therefore so is socal.
Ha socal has been oddly absent since my post. Maybe you guys are right.
patch[1].gif

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I actually like the color of the jacket a lot and think it works here. My only tweak would be to wear a shirt with a collar under the sweatshirt--it might not be "right" but I just rarely go without a collar these days.

First time ive been without a collar in a year or so, but the sweatshirt is slightly on the tight side, so I felt it could use some stretching before the shirt. Also, its warm...

pieces:
vintage swedish work jacket
Made in the Shade sweatshirt
vintage Levis twill carpenters
vintage longwings

Johnathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
snip

Much better than some of your more "out there" recent posts. I feel like you have generally good instincts, yet choose not to listen to them sometimes. That said, the cuts of your trousers are generally not doing you any favors.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
barims, the combo of the pinched waist so high up and the baggy trousers gives it a bit of a stilt walker vibe. Not a bad thing, just a bit comical.

I like to bring smiles to the faces of those I look down upon as they crane their necks to catch a glimpse
devil.gif

Nah, I'm taking that in good humour, Pink. I'm genuinely curious about the construction of the waist. It doesn't feel tight at all, just... off. I might have to see a tailor man

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
DSCN4083-1.jpg
Alt App kmw J&M not sure the wingtips are really cohesive with the rest but whatever.

Roll the jeans low mid calf, throw on some argyle socks and grab a nice thrift seersucker jacket and put on a hat and BAM! Junya done robbie style. or don't. I like it but am wearing jeans a t-shirt and wingtips at the moment so I may be biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads