• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RRL Store on Melrose

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beauty...I used to go to the Lo store on Michigan Ave in Chi just to stare at the RRL display.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, good looking stores. I wonder if the company is betting that RRL's time has finally come or if they are happy to keep it as a cult brand.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone in another thread just said Kanye has been rocking it lately...spot is blown!!

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
Damn, good looking stores. I wonder if the company is betting that RRL's time has finally come or if they are happy to keep it as a cult brand.
Ralph wants to keep it a premire cult brand and has been pretty effective at keeping it that way.

To Sir with Love

Reaction score
rc51308_2_0002-1.jpg

rc51308_2_00261-1.jpg

rc51308_2_0034-1.jpg

rc51308_2_0014-1.jpg

rc51308_2_0036-1.jpg

rc51308_2_0033-1.jpg

rc51308_2_0035-1.jpg

rc51308_2_0007-1.jpg

rc51308_2_0008-1.jpg

rc51308_2_0043-1.jpg

rrl-4-2.jpg

rrl-21-1.jpg

rrl-3-1.jpg

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Someone in another thread just said Kanye has been rocking it lately...spot is blown!!
Yup!, Kanye gave Carl the denim guy at American Rag a pair of RRL boot-cuts to knock off for a few custom pairs.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
in a store like the one in the hamptons, can one assume everything is for sale? I mean some of the things that looked like furnishings had tags dangling from them?

also- I would love to set up forms at a RRL.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think RRL might be my favorite brand except for one big negative - all the repro stuff with all the stenciling and fake-old logos and text and whatnot. The last time I was in the Melrose store I really wanted a chambray shirt but the only shirts in stock had weird faux military stenciling all over them.

That said, the vintage stuff in the stores is so great. Cool stuff and tastefully edited. I still regret not buying a perfect suede jacket I saw at the old RRL store that used to be on Beverly (or was it 3rd?)

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Yup!, Kanye gave Carl the denim guy at American Rag a pair of RRL boot-cuts to knock off for a few custom pairs.
you can see the custom jeans Karl made for Kanye on his blog. He's a super chill dude. http://rogueterritory.blogspot.com/

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
why do those shirts look like the most comfortable shirts ever? I want to try one on, I wonder how they fit;
IMO they fit like J Crew, a small from both brands feels like a Euro/JP Medium.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
IMO they fit like J Crew, a small from both brands feels like a Euro/JP Medium.
I think RRL's shirts must come in a variety of cuts. The ones that I own (including one that is not marked slim-fit) are MUCH slimmer than anything at J Crew.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads