1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RRL Store on Melrose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think RRL might be my favorite brand except for one big negative - all the repro stuff with all the stenciling and fake-old logos and text and whatnot. The last time I was in the Melrose store I really wanted a chambray shirt but the only shirts in stock had weird faux military stenciling all over them.

That said, the vintage stuff in the stores is so great. Cool stuff and tastefully edited. I still regret not buying a perfect suede jacket I saw at the old RRL store that used to be on Beverly (or was it 3rd?)

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Yup!, Kanye gave Carl the denim guy at American Rag a pair of RRL boot-cuts to knock off for a few custom pairs.
    you can see the custom jeans Karl made for Kanye on his blog. He's a super chill dude. http://rogueterritory.blogspot.com/

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

[​IMG]
    why do those shirts look like the most comfortable shirts ever? I want to try one on, I wonder how they fit;

4. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

why do those shirts look like the most comfortable shirts ever? I want to try one on, I wonder how they fit;
    IMO they fit like J Crew, a small from both brands feels like a Euro/JP Medium.

5. Asch

Asch Senior member

IMO they fit like J Crew, a small from both brands feels like a Euro/JP Medium.
    I think RRL's shirts must come in a variety of cuts. The ones that I own (including one that is not marked slim-fit) are MUCH slimmer than anything at J Crew.

6. djh

djh Senior member

+1, though all the RRL shirts I've tried are a bit tight in the bicep area... I think the armholes are cut a little high.

7. whodini

whodini Senior member

Shirts or t-shirts?

The tees are sized true and I'd say the same for the shirts I own from current seasons. The western-cut stuff may fit a tad loose in the top but taper like no other.

8. djh

djh Senior member

Shirts.. I've owned two oxfords and a chambray, all three fit about the same.

9. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

The tees fit about the same as the button ups in the shoulders and chest, but are cut quite short (a large fits about like an AA, but shorter).

Question - all the stuff I've seen at the outlets has a care tag that says something along the lines of "Polo Retail Europe." Is this stuff made for the European market?

10. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

these guys have the best selection of worn/broken in leather jackets. the horsehide buca ones are pretty phenomenal.

11. RLP

RLP Senior member

ill stop by soon

12. Doncolombe

Doncolombe Member

Wow. Just went yesterday. Place is beautiful.