• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chriskl
That's a thought, I've heard good things about them. But I've also heard that they might not last as long as some of the other brands---is this true?
Crate has really changed in the past two years that this forum has known about them; changed for the better.

acw816

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Looks pretty loose in the top block. You might want to think about a slimmer cut. How does it fit at your waist? Are you able to button it all the way?

yea i am able to button it all the way up comfortably. do you think i should have sized down one?

starcrash

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acw816
just got my routes today

went true to size (29)

what do you think of the fit? im thinking i maybe could have sized down one

I agree that you should try a slimmer cut for your body type.

Man, the back pockets are really long and square on those things. I understand the favorable comparisons to New Standards as far as price and quality, but I still think that APC has a better design. That said, I still haven't seen any great fit pics of the Routes. I've seen the pictures from Revolve, Context, and Farinelli's but they all have that brand new baggy jeans hanging off super skinny mannequin legs look. Are there any good photos of Routes worn by actual dudes out there? I've seen a few super-close ups here on the forum, but that's about it.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by starcrash
I agree that you should try a slimmer cut for your body type.

Man, the back pockets are really long and square on those things. I understand the favorable comparisons to New Standards as far as price and quality, but I still think that APC has a better design. That said, I still haven't seen any great fit pics of the Routes. I've seen the pictures from Revolve, Context, and Farinelli's but they all have that brand new baggy jeans hanging off super skinny mannequin legs look. Are there any good photos of Routes worn by actual dudes out there? I've seen a few super-close ups here on the forum, but that's about it.

tonio048's Routes can be seen here: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=148

adamha had a fit pic in the post right below, but its no longer viewable anyhow.

There're some other fit pics in the old Crate thread too.

TyroneFig

Reaction score
blehhhh

one pant leg on my Levi STFs are a 1/2" shorter than the other.. they were this way before I shrank them too, I think. What should I do?

TheTakeover

Reaction score
I dont see a website for them online and I want an average price. If there is an online store, please provide. But what is their average price on jeans?

DBoon

Reaction score
Button ups are like $150 retail.

I think it falls on the wrong end of the value spectrum

EDIT: Barney's Co-Op carries it now

TheTakeover

Reaction score
Any place to buy online? Besides ebay

Tim_Whatley

Reaction score
today a salesman tried to tell me that there is a difference between raw and dry denim. is there? what is it?
thanks

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really. Most retailers that carry it (about 10 or 15 nationwide) only get a few pieces of the collection, which is usually pretty big. If you are a size small and are looking to get some I have a bunch of stuff from past seasons that I am trying to unload. Just send me a PM if you want to talk more about it.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ There isn't. Raw, dry, rigid, unwashed, etc, all mean the same thing. Different companies just use different names.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads