1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. connor

connor Senior member

They have a higher rate of blowouts than any comparably priced denims. That doesn't mean you'll get them, it just means a lot of people do. A friend of mine had his Nudie's blowout in 4 months.

mine blew in like 4 too.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Does Nudie Slim Jim Straight Tubeleg fit similar to Levi's 514's?

3. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Can anyone find me a sizing chart of Crate Routes?

I bought them in size 28 and they were super tight, but when I wore them for an hour and sat down the waist already stretched out an inch, lol.

Maybe I shoulda got 27 but I don't think they make em in 27

4. 4saken

4saken Senior member

5. bartil

bartil Well-Known Member

Imperial King has 12" rise. most full repro models have 12 & up rises__ eg, Denime XX type, Fullcount, Evisu, WWII cuts, etc.

Thanks for your help! I was thinking something like these from Brooks Brothers, but those actual jeans is quite expensive plus that I live in Sweden where you can't even buy Brooks Brothers.

6. Mother Brain

Mother Brain Member

7. BOF

BOF Senior member

Those just look like a light-washed 501...

8. bartil

bartil Well-Known Member

Those just look like a light-washed 501...

Yes, and that's what I'm looking for, basically. But it just seems impossible to find a pair of 501's these days with an over-the-waist rise, instead of the most common on-the-waist.

9. whodini

whodini Senior member

10. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

anyone have any comments on corpus denim quality?

11. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

What's the verdict on sizing raw vs. washed jeans?

If I am a 33 in KMW 1950 Forge wash, should I get a 32 in 1950 raw or stick with the same size?

12. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

anyone have any comments on corpus denim quality?

I just bought some charcoal Corpus jeans (size 33 if anyone wants them PM me.) They seem like high quality. I haven't worn them though. I researched them a decent amount on the forum before buying and they got really good reviews. Search for Corpus and you will see some threads.

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Why do people buy Nudies? The arcs are horrible and you are 100% guaranteed a disastrous crotch blowout if you get a raw pair and wear them to fade.

Seam ripper and not every jean needs faded to shit. I wear SJ Black Coated to skirt the dress code at work. If I have a day of physical labor, I don't wear my real slim stuff, either. Plenty of reasons.

14. trend

trend Member

Hi,

New to the forum, sorry if I'm writing in wrong thread. Anyway, check out http://www.asos.com/Nice-Collective/...rt=-1&clr=Grey

I'm totally in love with those jeans - could anyone possibly give me an answer of which jeans those are? It's not in the "Complete the look"-columns, as it often are.

Please help me out!

Cheers

15. 4saken

4saken Senior member

There is a pair of jeans in the 'Complete the look' column: http://www.asos.com/Nudie/Nudie-Regu...clr=UsedDeluxe It doesn't look exactly the same, but if you're buying pre-distressed it's similar enough. If you want a tighter fit like the model is wearing, maybe go for a different Nudie.

16. trend

trend Member

Hi and thanks for your answer,

But no, that's not even close what I want, sorry. See at the lower part of the jeans, they're cut off at the ends? And they're weared out at the legs differently. And the shape of the jeans is totally different aswell.. no-one has a clue..??

17. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

doesn't look like the website even carries them.

18. trend

trend Member

I know, that's the weird part. Even asked in their community, with no real response yet.
    That's why I'm trying here [​IMG]

19. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

What are those metal rivet button things on the coin pocket of the jean? Looks like they are meant for something.

20. whodini

whodini Senior member

What are those metal rivet button things on the coin pocket of the jean? Looks like they are meant for something.
    Yeah, they're meant to hold the coin pocket to the jeans.