• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scarves are no longer utilitarian. They come in a variety of weights and materials for a reason.

Originally Posted by Karl Pooper
img5510.jpg

Really like this.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^Me, too. Karl it's a very nice look. I especially like the sunglasses.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
DSC02990.jpg

This is the first time I've seen a pic of someone wearing the paisley pants. This looks good, much better than I had envisioned. The shoes look good with them.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, they were actually a gift, and my friend actually bought them a size big (32 instead of 30), hahahah. I'm wearing them real low though. I think they look fine fit wise and the print is just so cool I've really fallen for them. Sometimes it's tough to pair them with the right thing up top though. So far I've just been doing neutrals and matching tones (different shades of red, green and brown). Wearing them is fun because it's always a bit of an adventure. I also get interesting compliments like "Wow Andrew, you're the only guy I know who could pull those off without looking ridiculous, gay or ancient." Always a nice ego boost when my "adventures" turn out well. Sometimes the comments are not as nice though, hahah.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
First, I wear a scarf to keep my neck warm (especially since I'm sick) and I don't always want everything to be as warm as my neck. Second, it isn't an M-65, it's a french F2. Thirdly, you are an abomination unto gaygod and you will burn in the fires of hell for all eternity.

edit: fourthly, I'm wearing a cashmere v-neck sweater under it, that's why you can see a little neck.

sigh

it was all merely my opinion of how it looked. and i confuse the m-65 and F2 a they look similar. and gaygod?

I was not intentionally trying to sound like a douche, i was just trying to share my opinion.

and gaygod?

ohh, and i confuse the m-65 and f2 often.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
low-budget suit concept MTM suit (Super 120's wool, fully canvassed jacket, working cuffs, with pants knocked off my favorite Jil Simons trousers) Hare shirt that I inherited APC tie Jil Sander X Church's wholecuts I think this whole setup cost me about $500 give or take.
suitfront.jpg
suitside2.jpg
suitback.jpg

Asshole. This is exactly the kinda **** i need. I wish there were good cheap MTM options for stuff like that around here. TaT isn't the kinda style i'm looking for and this fits pretty much perfect. Nice job on the jil-knockoffs. They looked good on sufu in that closeup.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, just get that **** done when you're in New York. I'm sure Socal and Kunk can bring you somewhere. I guess you wouldn't be able to check up on it, but you could at least have measurements taken in person.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
impolyt_one killed it. Absolutely stunning in terms of fit. I'm sure those lace-ups are gorgeous.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear...

That tee isn't nearly slim enough, jeez get it tailored will ya?

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
It's warming up a bit here. Thought I'd mess around today.
[

H&M scarf
John Varvatos longsleeve
J Crew paisley cords
TBC captoes

Originally Posted by chronoaug
Asshole. This is exactly the kinda **** i need. I wish there were good cheap MTM options for stuff like that around here. TaT isn't the kinda style i'm looking for and this fits pretty much perfect. Nice job on the jil-knockoffs. They looked good on sufu in that closeup.

Count me as a huge fan of the above two looks. Never thought I'd say Paisley looks sweet and killer suit.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stp83564.jpg
Stephan Schneider Helmut Lang Raf Simons

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You gettin a ton of mileage from that shirt and today's the perfect day for it.

I need the l/s version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads