(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

if your coat isn't zipped up all the way its not cold enough for a scarf.

scarves are one of those thingst that to me only seem appropriate to wear when its really really cold, if you are in a band, or if you like dudes.

so, if you like dudes, cool i guess

but if not you look too fashiony, which throws off the vibe of the m-65.

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

scarves are one of those thingst that to me only seem appropriate to wear when its really really cold, if you are in a band, or if you like dudes.

It's not all about function for everyone Robbie. Some of us like to a look a certain way even though it might not be necessary.

3. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Mm, I don't like the bit of skin(?) showing under the scarf, I also think the scarf pattern is too traditional for a military jacket, everything else goes nicely though, particularly like the boots and aviators/military jacket combo.

4. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

if your coat isn't zipped up all the way its not cold enough for a scarf. scarves are one of those thingst that to me only seem appropriate to wear when its really really cold, if you are in a band, or if you like dudes. so, if you like dudes, cool i guess but if not you look too fashiony, which throws off the vibe of the m-65.
    Dad, is that you? and I thought that skin tone was the scarf till just now. Yeah thats lame looking.

5. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

It's not all about function for everyone Robbie. Some of us like to a look a certain way even though it might not be necessary.

i get that, but scarves have always looked ridiculous imo. I think its the obnoxious gap ads every year.
    they look silly
    or un-masculine

i don't know, i hate most all winter accessories though, this isn't a scarf only sort of hate.

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^Scarfs are a must for winter season though, and sometimes opening your coat for air circulation, while not freezing around the more sensitive neck area is a good move. Wearing a winter style scarf with just a wife beater under though...

7. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

nah, i agree bobo. in the proper (and aforementioned) context scarves don't seem odd.

8. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

if your coat isn't zipped up all the way its not cold enough for a scarf. scarves are one of those thingst that to me only seem appropriate to wear when its really really cold, if you are in a band, or if you like dudes. so, if you like dudes, cool i guess but if not you look too fashiony, which throws off the vibe of the m-65.
    First, I wear a scarf to keep my neck warm (especially since I'm sick) and I don't always want everything to be as warm as my neck. Second, it isn't an M-65, it's a french F2. Thirdly, you are an abomination unto gaygod and you will burn in the fires of hell for all eternity. edit: fourthly, I'm wearing a cashmere v-neck sweater under it, that's why you can see a little neck.

9. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Back to Topic

Temp - Weird
    Days Agenda - Friday, not a good day to be hung-over after a night with usual HKG SF Trio last night.. Followed by 3 x 22YO American girls in HKG for the w/end.. 1 bottle of whiskey.. Red.. Cigars.. Oh & they are English teachers in Japan.. Interesting..

I should not be at work today..
    [​IMG]

My new puppies - yes I'm bringing back navy!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

FUK I carry a lot of shit on me.. But then there is nothing like being loaded up with too much Valextra.. Sort of like daily vitamins - a must..
    [​IMG]

BlazerSuit Grey VBC S130 wool, 3 roll 2, 3 x patch pocket, button fly, soft shoulder - CHAN #3
    Shirt Blue candy stripe Thomas Mason, English collar, FC - Herringbone Bespoke
    Socks Pantharella
    F/wear\t Navy calf w natural canvas spectators - MHKGM
    B/case Navy 16" Slim Attache Case" "Original Collection" - Globe-Trotter
    PS Kent Wang
    Pen Red "Guilietta" Alfa Romeo LE roller ball, resin - Delta
    Cuff links Red dreaded silk knots
    Watch SS Ingenuier 3227-01- IWC
    Frames Pink gold Ti "half rim" - 999.9 (for those that read Men's Ex.. Yes this brand is featured quite heavily)
    Odeur\tGrapefruit - Jo Malone

10. toothsomesound

It's warming up a bit here. Thought I'd mess around today. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] H&M scarf John Varvatos longsleeve J Crew paisley cords TBC captoes

11. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear... [​IMG]

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

RW---go with a scarf that isn't white.

13. toothsomesound

Yeah, I need to invest in a nice brown or green or red one. The other ones I have are blue, black, and crazy prints that I think would be too much with the paisley.

14. onion

onion Senior member

I disagree with this. I like to zip my jacket about 3/4 and use a scarf to block wind from getting in. I also like to use a scarf sometimes when I'm wearing a blazer, for the same reason. I could never button up a 2 button jacket to my neck. I'm not being fashiony, I'm keeping the wind out.

15. onion

onion Senior member

My new puppies - yes I'm bringing back navy! [​IMG]
    Those might be the best look spectators I've ever seen. Very nice. Edit: I like the lacing as well. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.