• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
How did you guys size your weird guys?

sizing 2 down is ideal, but if you have bigger thighs you might have to just size down 1 and live with a sagged waist

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my normal size (30)... didn't size down at all. In retrospect I probably should've sized down one. They don't seem to stretch as crazy as some jeans, though I only have a limited amount of wear on these so far. Eh, if they do stretch more I don't really have a sagged/relaxed pair of jeans so I can use them for that... and I got them about 60% anyway.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
anyone else think the buttonfly is set too high (or that it doenst go low enough)?
Originally Posted by Meis
Agreed. I have the 'weird guy' in indigo selvedge and I run into the same problem, which is made worse by the stiffness of the jeans. It really takes away from the wearability of the jeans when you can't piss at a urinal when wearing them unless you undo the whole fly.
I agree that the fly could be a little longer/lower, but I don't find it too big of a deal. Usually the entire fly comes undone when I pull the top button out. I guess I've just gotten used to digging my junk out of my jeans to take a wizz after wearing them for 3 months...

Originally Posted by PinkPantser
How did you guys size your weird guys?

Originally Posted by jaychiz
sizing 2 down is ideal, but if you have bigger thighs you might have to just size down 1 and live with a sagged waist
QFT. I sized down 1, but wish I sized down 2. Keep in mind that these are pretty low rise so they'll sit lower on your waist. The waist on these will stretch at least an inch, so I'd say size appropriately for your thighs. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Weird Guys have a bit of a carrot cut (loose in the top, tight through the leg); hence why I soaked the top block only.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterParker
QFT. I sized down 1, but wish I sized down 2. Keep in mind that these are pretty low rise so they'll sit lower on your waist. The waist on these will stretch at least an inch, so I'd say size appropriately for your thighs. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Weird Guys have a bit of a carrot cut (loose in the top, tight through the leg); hence why I soaked the top block only.

keep us up to date whether they stayed shrunk or not, i'll wait on results before i do anything with mine

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by doink
sydneys
over the rainbow

I picked up a pair of Weird Guy indigo selvedge a few months ago a Over the Rainbow. Holts' prices are massively marked up and that would be the last place I'd go.

phildo

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of vintage blue and grey weird guys from Over the Rainbow in Toronto. THey just got in a full size run of grey, army, maybe some others. I think they have in stock vintage blue weird guys, grey weird guys, 21oz indigo slimguy?, deep indigo weird guy, black slimguy, some others that I forget.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they need to have close up pics, it's hard to see all the subtle details

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just some more testimony here on the substantial waist stretch in the wierd guys. I got a pair of the indigo's 2 weeks ago and sized down one. I love the fit in the thighs and the seat but the waist has stretched an inch already and I expect it to stretch more...

I'm not kicking myself or anything for not sizing down another size. They are still snug around my hips and thighs and they easily hold themselves up (sans belt). They are just starting to soften up a bit and so far I like the denim and the cut. Button stance doesn't bother me.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new green cast weird guy looks pretty nice.
weirdguy_greenselvedge_01.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads