• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

Reaction score
ive been playing hockey for about 15 years now, glad to see hockey getting some love of SF, but no talk of Detroit??

i think they are gonna win the cup this year, mark my words!

DSG

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DirtySouthGentleman
ive been playing hockey for about 15 years now, glad to see hockey getting some love of SF, but no talk of Detroit??

i think they are gonna win the cup this year, mark my words!

DSG

Not with their goaltending rotation. The Wing's defense hasn't been steady at all this season. It's going to be Washington and San Jose at the end.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think SJ is going to repeat what they did last year, and fizzle out in the playoffs. Detroit got KILLED by Nashville the other night 8-0.

Also, the East is looking really good this year.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will be an interesting playoff season. I agree Detroit is at risk for the reasons ryoneo suggests (even though they're consistently my top team to watch). I also agree it's SJ to lose...and they may do just that.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Caps are really pissing me off. Our last quarter schedule was supposed to be cake, where we could possibly overtake Boston in points and have an outside shot at even catching San Jose. But we play horrible defense and give up so many short handed goals that it boggles my mind. Not to mention, we get the dumbest penalties ever (and suck at PK).

Beat Boston in Boston and then lost to FLA at home; Jesus H. Christ.

I really hope the Caps and SJ make it to the finals. Oh my god I will go bananas out here.

Casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Said with the utmost respect for the goaltender who will shortly hold the all time records for wins and SO's, right?
smile.gif

He must also hold the record for marrying sisters-in-law.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Flyers need to pick up a good defenseman at the deadline, or survival in the playoffs is not going to be possible. I think San Jose is the hungriest team. They lost early in the playoffs last year but added good pickups of experience and skill to help them through. To me, they have everything.

Casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
The Flyers need to pick up a good defenseman at the deadline, or survival in the playoffs is not going to be possible.

Jay Bouwmeester would be nice.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Casual
Jay Bouwmeester would be nice.

Ha, that's a long shot. We would have to give an arm and leg for him, plus sign him to a long multi-year contract. It would be nice tho. But I'm not sure of how much cap room we actually have to get him.

RedScarf7

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Flyers have little to no cap room.

I played in the Flames charity poker tournament on Wednesday. One of the coolest experiences I've been a part of. I've never been to an event where you can have beers with your favorite hockey players. Also, did a shot of tequila with Phanuef and Warner. Bertuzzi is one of the scariest mother F***ers I have ever seen. Very kind person, though. In addition to all the fun, the event raised over $400,000 for the flames Foundation!

Casual

Reaction score
The Flyers have absolutely no cap room. They waived Metropolit and Vaananen so Briere could come back. Florida's GM was seen at the last two Flyers home games, there are lots of Bouwmeester rumors.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do philly fans think about Vannanen? I've been hearing good things as a solid hitting defensive 4th/5th D-man from the Vancouver media and fans.

Casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
What do philly fans think about Vannanen? I've been hearing good things as a solid hitting defensive 4th/5th D-man from the Vancouver media and fans.

A lot of people (including me) liked him. Vaananen played in our top d pair for about the first 50 games. A defensive defenseman with zero offense, but solid. He ended up on the Flyers coach's poo list for not being physical enough and eventually waived. I would much rather have kept him than a waste of space like Jones.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Casual
The Flyers have absolutely no cap room. They waived Metropolit and Vaananen so Briere could come back. Florida's GM was seen at the last two Flyers home games, there are lots of Bouwmeester rumors.
I absolutely do not like Briere, completely overrated IMO. The Flyers should have went after Gomez or Drury. They would have been a better fit for us. Plus, they are proven winners. The only dumb reason was to bring in Biron, who is just an average goalie.

brlfvr

Reaction score
As a Blackhawks fan I really hope the Wings don't make it to the finals. It's a great hockey town but they've had their time. I know the hawks most likely won't make it to the finals but have been happy just to see the great strides made in the last two years. Next year may be are time. I agree that San Jose is the team to beat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads