1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ice Hockey

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Stazy, Oct 22, 2006.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

went to a few rangers games. i think the fans turned me off more.

2. sonick

sonick Senior member

3. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

Damn flyers are shitting themselves again.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

^From what I'm seeing it's Fleury more than it's their fault.

5. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

^From what I'm seeing it's Fleury more than it's their fault.

Yea and the guy sucked during the regular season..... go figure, right? And the Flyers, one of the best offensive teams can't buy a goal in the playoffs.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Canucks go through! Carried by Bobby Lou, but they can be better.

7. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

They're playing the best hockey they've played in years. I'm not sure what you mean by they can play better. Of course they're not playing 100% perfect, but they're damn close.

8. sonick

sonick Senior member

The canucks played much better on home ice, more jump and more tenacity. There was a bit of that in the third game, but this fourth game it seemed like they were playing more passively; more of a trapping game.

I don't think woudl match up very well to a big team like the Ducks, where the top lines aren't afraid of getting gritty. Though big, the Canucks' first two lines (especially without Sundin) is fairly passive.

Ryan Johnson is the unsung hero of the first round for the Canucks. Amazing what he puts his body through.

9. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

They're playing the best hockey they've played in years. I'm not sure what you mean by they can play better. Of course they're not playing 100% perfect, but they're damn close.
    You clearly didn't watch every game in the regular season... they're capable of a lot more than they've shown. They've been somewhat undisciplined, the passes aren't getting to where they should be and they're not creating as much space as they have in the past with speed. They have yet to play a full 60 minute game, or even 45 minutes. Defensively they have been fairly responsible, there are occasional lapses but they're doing okay. The 2nd period wasn't pretty tonight and there was some running around. On the offensive side of the puck they're just not clicking the way they're capable of. That's why they're relying on their goalie and that's why the games have been close so late into them. They can play much, much better. I've seen it. The best hockey they've played in years was a game against Minnesota in March, they went down 2-0 early and then just absolutely massacred the Wild. If that Canucks team shows up to one of these games Luongo won't even be a meaningful factor, right now he is winning us games. Which is great, but it's better if he doesn't have to keep doing it through the whole playoffs.
    I don't think woudl match up very well to a big team like the Ducks, where the top lines aren't afraid of getting gritty. Though big, the Canucks' first two lines (especially without Sundin) is fairly passive.
    We don't play the ducks. If the ducks win we get Calgary or Chicago, whoever wins. If the Ducks lose we get Detroit. Of the 3 I'd prefer Chicago, I don't know if Khabibulin has won in Vancouver since the 90s.

10. mgoose

mgoose Senior member

I'm praying for a Chicago matchup after we steamrolled them in the regular season. But we always seem to do well even against Detroit, so I'm not to worried either way.

11. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

I didn't watch all their games, but the Canucks did look good against the Blues.

I've also watched games from the Flyers/Penguins, Caps/Rangers, and Ducks/Sharks. I like the Flyers, but they are done now but there is still time for someone to knock Crosby out . Caps finally looked like they came to play in game 3, and after watching the Rangers play a number of times, I just don't think they are good enough to go anywhere. The Sharks win last night is nice, but I think they are going to lose in 6.

12. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Ryan Johnson is the unsung hero of the first round for the Canucks. Amazing what he puts his body through.

Please make sure you properly thank the University of North Dakota...
    See also:
    Parise, Zach
    Zajac, Travis
    Toews, Jonathan

[​IMG]

13. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

I didn't watch all their games, but the Canucks did look good against the Blues.

I've also watched games from the Flyers/Penguins, Caps/Rangers, and Ducks/Sharks. I like the Flyers, but they are done now but there is still time for someone to knock Crosby out . Caps finally looked like they came to play in game 3, and after watching the Rangers play a number of times, I just don't think they are good enough to go anywhere. The Sharks win last night is nice, but I think they are going to lose in 6.

+1

14. enjoiii

enjoiii Senior member

Canucks can still play better but Lou is playing well and were winning games. A 4 game sweep is impressive no matter what team your playing against. Hopefully we get Chicago next round which is a series I think we can win.

15. dressednice

dressednice New Member

Ya this is one of their best seasons in recent history.

16. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

Well, it looks like the Caps are about to ruin my day...

17. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

It ain't over yet!

18. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

19. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

Flyers are still alive!!

20. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member