Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ice Hockey

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Stazy, Oct 22, 2006.

1. jgold47

jgold47 Senior member

As a Blackhawks fan I really hope the Wings don't make it to the finals. It's a great hockey town but they've had their time. I know the hawks most likely won't make it to the finals but have been happy just to see the great strides made in the last two years. Next year may be are time. I agree that San Jose is the team to beat.

damn. I hate the hawks, but I still would push them over anyone else in the west. Got to respect whats left of the Norris

That said, unless the red wings do something drastic like shoot Osgood, I wont fully support them. I hated Osgood the first time they got rid of him and this last playoffs aside he generally has sucked as a goalie his whole life. I swear ever since the wings first got competitive back in the mid 90's goal tending was always the achilles heel until they got hasek. You cannot expect to win with a sub 90% save, I dont care what your GAA is.

2. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

He must also hold the record for marrying sisters-in-law.

Maybe a 'Marty Brodeur hat-trick' can be introduced for goalies: A shut-out, an assist, and marrying a sister-in-law.

3. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

Maybe a 'Marty Brodeur hat-trick' can be introduced for goalies: A shut-out, an assist, and marrying a sister-in-law.

[​IMG]

4. Casual

Casual Senior member

I absolutely do not like Briere, completely overrated IMO. The Flyers should have went after Gomez or Drury. They would have been a better fit for us. Plus, they are proven winners. The only dumb reason was to bring in Biron, who is just an average goalie.

I don't know about overrated. No one has more playoff points since the lockout. I'll be glad to see Biron (hopefully) go after this season.

5. Casual

Casual Senior member

That said, unless the red wings do something drastic like shoot Osgood, I wont fully support them. I hated Osgood the first time they got rid of him and this last playoffs aside he generally has sucked as a goalie his whole life. I swear ever since the wings first got competitive back in the mid 90's goal tending was always the achilles heel until they got hasek. You cannot expect to win with a sub 90% save, I dont care what your GAA is.

Hats off to Detroit for doing so well with a mediocre goalie.

6. sonick

sonick Senior member

Very busy waiver wire day today. Lots of names that would fit well as bottom-6 depth/character guys (e.g. Gary Roberts, Jon Sim, Aaron Voros). Plus a few offensive players as well (e.g. Satan, Morrison).

7. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

I don't know about overrated. No one has more playoff points since the lockout. I'll be glad to see Biron (hopefully) go after this season.

Sure I'll give him playoff points. But I feel like he doesn't have the drive/passion in his game to carry the team. Biron was a complete mistake. Like I said, just an average goalie at best that was untested.

8. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

Trade deadline today people. Come on Flyers, something productive please.

9. brlfvr

brlfvr Senior member

What a goal by Havlat for the hawks last night in overtime!

10. sonick

sonick Senior member

SHIT, Flames are stacking up! Leopold for the back end and JOKINEN up front...

11. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Jay Bouwmeester would be nice.

He is signing with the Oilers this summer.

SHIT, Flames are stacking up! Leopold for the back end and JOKINEN up front...

I know! Wasn't happy to hear about their acquisitions. Jokinen will be huge for them.

12. sonick

sonick Senior member

Winners today? Calgary and Boston.

Phoenix dismantled their team, but got a pretty good base to rebuild from; Upshall, Lombardi, Dawes and picks.

13. Casual

Casual Senior member

I like Carcillo. He's mean (leads the league in PIMs) and can score on occasion. I suppose the Flyers weren't planning on re-signing Upshall. Just wish they didn't give up that pick.
    I don't think the cup will be coming to Philly this year with that move, though.

14. sonick

sonick Senior member

3-way between Carolina, Edmonton and LA. O'Sullivan going to EDM, Justin Williams to LA, Cole to Carolina.

15. blackdarkeye

blackdarkeye Senior member

go redwings!

lol, i dont even care that much about hockety, but it is popular in michigan.