• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your new workout routine.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
back to the OP, i like upper/lower splits. i generally do:

2 bodyparts a day for 4-6 weeks, upper/lower splits for 4 weeks, periodization for 4 weeks, then repeat the cycle.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I just don't get why you work for no additional benefit. That's like a builder demolishing a garage just to rebuild it.

You're too set in your ways for anyone here to change your mind, anyway. You've got it all figured out and it's your mission to make idiots like me subservient. Then we can all build, demolish, and rebuild in unison.

Gladly!

Firstly, recognise the fact that most people here, even those who go to the gym often to workout (not to chit chat, oogle at the same or other sex) are not "˜unnatural' unlike some unnamed individual here. Therefore their growth rate will be consistent, if not a bit slow. I am sure the unnamed individual can grow awesome biceps just by touching a dumbbell given all the chemicals he or she ingest.

Secondly, I am all in favour of not doing unnecessary work, even in the gym. But I know of no known exercise which can spur say biceps growth without curling the biceps or calves growth without extending the calves. If you do, please state so. Hence all these exercises and more are needed to grow the necessary areas.

Your analogy of demolish and rebuild is apt. As you may know (or not), you need to "˜break down' your muscles for it to grow. Your description of yourself as an idiot however is inappropriate. You are being too kind to yourself.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
Secondly, I am all in favour of not doing unnecessary work, even in the gym. But I know of no known exercise which can spur say biceps growth without curling the biceps or calves growth without extending the calves. If you do, please state so. Hence all these exercises and more are needed to grow the necessary areas.

Totally a red herring, but I'll fish anyway.

Most muscles are biarticulate and certain exercises place a load on the muscles that will make them grow regardless of the prime mover in the exercise. For instance, the soleus and gastrocnemius actually work in reverse to how they generally function when the hip is extended. Squatting and deadlifting, therefore, can build the calf.

Simple pulls like rows and chin-ups work the biceps.

As you may know (or not), you need to "˜break down' your muscles for it to grow.
You're so clueless.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Totally a red herring, but I'll fish anyway.

Most muscles are biarticulate and certain exercises place a load on the muscles that will make them grow regardless of the prime mover in the exercise. For instance, the soleus and gastrocnemius actually work in reverse to how they generally function when the hip is extended. Squatting and deadlifting, therefore, can build the calf.

Simple pulls like rows and chin-ups work the biceps.

You're so clueless.

Did your mother drop you on the head repeatedly or what?

I have already said certain exercises do work minor muscle parts like bent rows to biceps. But those are ancillary and insufficient! Do not steal ideas and inspiration from my brilliance. You still need to do biceps curl to work the biceps to pack muscle on it and make it peak. Chins will not do.

ALL professional bodybuilders do that. You think they do that because they are obtuse like you? You think Mike Mentzer and Dorian Yates who pioneered the 1 set workout are into doing extra exercises for fun?

By the by, if all professional bodybuilders do that and they are roided as is the misconception held by a puke like you, that must make you even more "˜unnatural' than them since you say such exercises are needless! Since you are right and they are just doing extra needless work, your arms must be as big or even larger than theirs! If not, are you saying only roided people can do such extra needless exercises?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I like to fish even knowing damn well I'll never catch a thing.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

You're so clueless.

Oh shut the hell up.

This is a well known analogy used in bodybuilding. You are obviously so lacking in credibility, you will say anything to salvage your rapidly diminishing and vanishing credibility.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Sometimes I like to fish even knowing damn well I'll never catch a thing.

No one wants to know why you like cruising gay bars and staking out back alleys, moron.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads